Samsung S7 Apps keep closing
frustratedS7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why do several app's on my phone keep saying "(app) has stopped", then I can either close app or send feedback.  I see many posts that say the same thing, all on 3/22/2021.  Did verizon do an update that went awry?  Any help would be appreciated.  I have tried clearing cache on the affected apps, but that does not seem to work.  VERY hesitant to do a factory reset and lose all my apps.  Even the email app that came on the phone crashes, not to mention ALL my email apps now crash.

Labels (1)
Re: Samsung S7 Apps keep closing
bw17699
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Samsung galaxy s20 is doing the same exact thing also wanting a update and it keeps closing

Mandy0421
Enthusiast - Level 1

I thought it was just me! It started earlier today and I can't read or respond to texts, no email access, web, etc. Everything I try to open just closes on me. No help through Verizon so far.

djl8412
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem with my S9 started earlier. Can't send feedback either because of it. HEY, VERIZON: FIX THIS MESS AND LET YOUR SUBSCRIBERS KNOW!!!! The wife's IPHONE doesn't have this problem.

Mgardner2758

I have an S9 with the same issue. I am glad it's not just me, but very aggravated because I use my phone for work and my email keeps crashing.  Augh!!!!

0 Likes
GebbieQ

Same here my S7 is doing the same thing. Started all of a sudden yesterday afternoon. Luckily I am able to use my Amazon Fire for my email and Messenger but unable to respond to text messages I am receiving in my S7. I hope this gets fixed ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!😠😠😠😠😠

0 Likes
jorob
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem yesterday evening with my Samsung S7 Edge.  I found that it is a Google problem and that Android Apps need updating.  This worked for me and now all is well.  Here's the link for Google Support.

Update your Android apps - Google Play Help

HGaumond

I tried this and it didn't work. The only two things that won't update are the "fixes" from Verizon from the bad update that happened yesterday sometime. I even uninstalled two apps and reinstalled them to try to fix the problem. I am beginning to really hate Verizon. Nothing but issues lately. Not just with the phone, but with the service as well.

0 Likes
carolscasa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem, which started on 03.22.21.

0 Likes
carolscasa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks! That worked for me.

0 Likes