Samsung S7 Edge Issues after OREO Install
Grody

I have had the best experience with my S7 Edge that can be expected, up until the OREO install.  Not only did it corrupt my SD Card, I also have a huge issue with my touch screen.  The right half of the screen seems a lot more sensitive than the left.  Scrolling through articles, it will randomly open other links.  This was never an issue until the install. 

I'm currently trying to reformat my SD Card, and I'm getting errors trying to do that.  What gives? 

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S7 Edge Issues after OREO Install
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Grody, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your sd card and touchscreen since updating your Galaxy S7 edge. I am here to assist. Let's work this one issue at a time. Does your device have any physical or liquid damage? What kind of error messages are you getting when trying to reformat your SD card? Have you tried removing your SD card? If so what happened? Justin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kcharmer

Did you get your photos back from your s/d card? Having  the same issues. Really sucks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kcharmer, we don't want you to miss out on storing information on your SD card. Let's be sure you can use the SD card right away. Also, to help clarify, are you having trouble with the screen being more sensitive? What happens when you try taking pictures (if stored on SD card) or using the SD card? What error messages do you see?

Steven_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kcharmer

I am now seeing some of my photos in the gallery, but when I try to open them it's not there. Everything else seems fine so far. I just want my s/d card working so I can get my important photos.

0 Likes
Kcharmer

It says this SD card cannot be decrypted because it was encrypted on another phone. SD cards can only be decrypted on the phone used to encrypt them. Decrypt the SD card on the phone used to encrypt it, then reinsert it in this phone, and try again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is helpful to us moving forward, Kcharmer. Have you attempted to Decrypt this SD card on the previous device?

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
Kcharmer

Yes I have tried that, I do have my old phone but no change.

0 Likes