Samsung S7 Sound Fade
ROBINLUCYSKYE

My S7 has started doing some very odd things:

When placing a call, ring fades on 2nd ring and I can't talk to person I placed call to.  Happens most of the time; occasionally works correctly.

Incoming calls - ringtone for about 1/2 second.  Can't answer call.

Videos either don't have any sound or sound fades after about 2 seconds, then all other videos are silent.  Again, happens most of the time.

When texting, taps made when typing fade out.  Again, the sound gone issue.

Any ideas how to fix these issues?  I am very concerned about the sporadic ability to place and receive calls; I really don't want a fail in an emergency situation.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S7 Sound Fade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your device to work properly. I apologize for the trouble. How long have you had these issues? We can place the device in safe mode to see if the issue continues in the mode:https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203892/. This will not delete information from your device. It will prevent the use of third party applications. Please see if the issue appears while in the mode.  BobbyN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S7 Sound Fade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ROBINLUCYSKYE, we don’t want you to miss out on the audio especially while on calls. Let’s be sure we put this issue to rest right away. How long ago did you start having these issues? Do you recall anything happening to the phone around that time (updates, new apps)? Has there been any physical or liquid damage to the phone?

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes