!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Samsung S7 Wireless Charging fails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
offroadace

Up until about a week ago my phone charged both wired and wireless-ly without any problem.

I have 3 different wireless chargers and none work now. It is not the position of the phone on the charger. It no longer works regardless.

The most recent update was Verizon/Samsung push, but the failure did not occur immediately after the update, but it did follow closely afterward and that was the only OS update to the phone.

The charger(s) (multiple tested) indicates that a charging device is attached and the indicator on the charger is correct, but the phone itself no longer activates the charging mode.                

I have looked at a couple other records of this for the S7/S7 Edge and before you indicate "Fast Wireless Charging" option under 'Battery', it does not exist on the S7. Only "Fast Cable Charging" is listed under -Advanced Settings-.
This should not matter anyway as the function for Charging Wireless-ly existed before on the S7 and was working as expected.

Please Re-Push an update where it Re-Applies Wireless charging to the S7/S7 Edge on the Verizon network.

Regards

- Slowly losing charge on Verizon

0 Likes
Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Samsung S7 Wireless Charging fails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stef7
Master - Level 2

First try clearing the App cache.

Clear App Cache - Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge | Verizon Wireless

Then you might try clearing the System Cache,

How to delete cache on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge

If those don't work, I read somewhere that you could try engaging the DayDream mode:  Settings | Display | DayDream??? I don't have the S7, so I can't be too specific there. Google it.

0 Likes