Samsung S7 - upgrade disabled Show Notifications on Always on Display
REBYEA46
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just received an update on my Samsung 7 phone and now my Always on display does not show notifications such as missed calls text etc.  It did before the update.  I went to Settings > Always on Display > Layouts and none of the layouts for selection appear to have any notifications for emails/missed calls, etc. and the section to turn on Show Notifications is grayed out.  How can I get my Show Notifications to appear??  Thanks.

Re: Samsung S7 - upgrade disabled Show Notifications on Always on Display
Klue
Master - Level 1

Is it update G930VVRU4BRC2? I applied that update and I still have the features that you are missing.

Try turning off everything under the always on page then reboot the phone then back into always on, turn it back on. I don't know if this will work, but the only thing I could think of.

Re: Samsung S7 - upgrade disabled Show Notifications on Always on Display
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

REBYEA46, it's important that your Always on Display work like it used to. Klue has a great start, as giving your phone a fresh reboot can do wonders. Are your display options still missing? Did anything else change or stop working? What software version do you have? http://spr.ly/6588DwaKo;

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes