Samsung S8 $250 Visa gift card problem
bykm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased a Samsung S8 from the Verizon web site on November 11 because there was a Samsung offer on the Verizon site for a $250 Visa gift card.  For the past 6 weeks I have tried to get this gift card, but it looks like the offer was a scam to get me to buy the phone from Verizon instead of Best Buy or another retailer.

On November 11 I bought the phone on the Verizon web site and used the Samsung Pay app to upload the Verizon receipt to Samsung Rewards.  I immediately received an email from Samsung Rewards that my receipt was being reviewed and I would receive a confirmation in 1-3 days and then get the Samsung Reward points to buy the $250 Visa gift card in 14 days.

After a week of no confirmation, I emailed customercare@samsungrewards on November 19, this is the email provided by Samsung Rewards to contact if there was a problem.  The email could not be delivered, the address did not accept emails.  I then called up Samsung Rewards at 888-869-0638, the phone number on the Samsung Rewards email.  I was told by Hello World that there was no receipt in the system for me and I needed to wait 3-5 business day for them to find it.  They gave me a case number, which Hello Wold emailed me.

On November 25 after not hearing from Hello World or Samsung I called 888-869-0638 again.  They told me that they had no record of my receipt or my case number from November 19.  I was given a new case number and was told to email my Samsung Rewarded email from November 11 and my Verizon receipt to fulfillment@helloworldfulfillment.com.  I was told it would take 3-5 business days and Hello World emailed me the new case number.

On December 1 I called Hello World and asked where were my Samsung Rewards points, they told me that the receipt was rejected.  I asked why they said something about the Verizon store, I explained that the receipt was from the Verizon web site.  They then said things look OK and my case would be escalated.  I was told that I should be given the Samsung Rewards points to get the $250 Visa gift card in 3-5 business days.

On December 5 I received an email from Hello World asking me to once again send them the Samsung Rewards email and Verizon receipt from November 11.  The Hello World email said that the issue would be resolved in 3-4 business days.  I once again emailed the 2 items to Hello World.

On December 8 I received an email from customercare@samsungrewards.com saying that they could not find my submission in their system.  They said that I needed to send my Samsung Rewards email and Verizon receipt from November 11 to fulfillment@helloworldfulfillment.com.  Once again I emailed both items to Hello World. 

On December 9 I received an email from Samsung Rewards that I needed to give them 5 more business days.

On December 14 I called again and was told the Samsung Reward points would be in my account by Dec 21 and I could then get the $250 Visa gift card.

On December 22 I called Hello World and was told they will not give me the Samsung Reward points.  When I asked why they would not give me a reason and refused to pass me along to a manager.  I called Verizon and the rep called Hello World with me on the line, after being on hold for 1 hour the Verizon rep said he could not help me any longer.

How can Verizon promote a deal on its web site for a $250 Visa gift card with the purchase of a new Samsung S8 phone and then allow this fraud to happen?  I bought the phone because of the deal, I could have gone to Best Buy and got the phone at a discounted price, but instead I believed Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S8 $250 Visa gift card problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a consumer myself, I expect promotions to be on time and as promised bykm.  I am so sorry for the issue you have had, and we certainly want to resolve this issue for you. So that we can, I have sent you a Private Message to move forward.

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HOLSTER418
Enthusiast - Level 2

Literally the same exact thing is happening to me. Started with my submission on Nov 15th. Every time I talk to them it's a different thing- can't find my email, can't find my submission, need me to send email it, can't find the receipt, will have a resolution in 3-5 days, need more time. The lady that answers just apologizes over and over but won't do anything or let you talk to anyone else. I tried contacting Verizon also and all they do is call the same # and get the same runaround. Today, after being told they weren't going to give me my points bc they didn't have my receipt, even though I submitted it through the app and again to them through email, she told me a supervisor would call me back in 3-5 days. I asked why it would take so long and she said because there are a lot of claims before me. Clearly this is a complete scam if there are that many complaints. I told her that if I don't hear back from them they are going to be getting a call for me every single day and I am turning them into the Better Business Bureau. Such a joke and so sad that Verizon is doing business with such a scam company. And now they've been giving me the runaround for so long that I can't even return the phone

jsdii
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here. How do you fold a 3-page receipt to take a picture to upload?  I was hesitant to use this promotion, but the Verizon salesman assured me it would not be a problem.  I can not get Samsung Rewards to reply to any of my communications.  Should have just gone to BestBuy.

*****Nov 15th email:

Your receipt was accepted.

We're happy to notify you that your receipt was approved and your Samsung Rewards points will be added to your Samsung Rewards account in approximately 14 days.

*****Dec 23rd email:

Sorry, we couldn't approve your receipt.

Thanks for uploading your receipt for Samsung Rewards points, but the receipt photo you submitted was either unreadable, missing information, or not eligible for this offer.

•  Make sure the image of your receipt includes:
    •  your phone purchase(s)
    •  receipt total
    •  purchase date
    •  store address
•  If your receipt is long, you may need to fold it to include all of these items in the image.

We don't want you to miss your opportunity for Samsung Rewards points, so please take a new photo and try uploading again through your phone. If you're having trouble, please reach out to customercare@samsungrewards.com.

deloused
Master - Level 3

"How do you fold a 3-page receipt to take a picture to upload?"

You don't, the Verizon sales receipts are not 3 pages, they're actually quite small and include the phone model purchased, date, total price and store location info needed. Samsung is not requesting your device payment agreement, Verizon Customer agreement, or account/plan change confirmation paperwork (or whatever it is that you're trying to send them that's 3 pages long). They only want the document labelled 'Receipt'. Here's a link to an image example of what those look like from a Google search for 'vzw sales receipt'-

https://www.google.com/search?q=vzw+sales+receipt&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS715US715&hl=en-US&prmd=sinv&source...

HOLSTER418
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's true, and that is what I uploaded when I submitted my rebate through their app. But now that I've been hounding them for my points and they can't come up with anymore excuses as to why they're not giving them to me, they're claiming they don't have my receipt. Even though I also attached it when they originally claimed that they didn't have my submission and asked me to forward the confirmation email to them when I told them I had it. Total scam

bykm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Holster418,

I have the same issue, I wanted to end this problem by returning the phone to Verizon and buy it elsewhere, but it was past Verizon's return date.

Deloused,

They told me on the phone the receipt was OK and gave me the date I would receive the Samsung Reward points to get the $250 Visa gift card.  That never happen.

I provided the Verizon receipt from the Verizon My Account, Documents & Receipts page.  It was a PDF file that has been emailed to Samsung repeatedly for the past 7 weeks. One of the times I emailed it while they were on the phone with me, they then read it back to me and said it was OK, so I know they received it.

HOLSTER418
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, exact same issues. Suchh [removed] ! I'm now waiting 3-5 business days to hear back from a supervisor, since they will never transfer you to anyone. 99% sure that call is never gonna come in and I'm just gonna have to call them again

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

tabithaj_vzw
Verizon Employee

Holster418,

I've sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at <https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox> to discuss further details about your concern.

TabithaJ_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation.  Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jsdii, making sure you are able to take advantage of the Samsung reward points for your device purchase is a priority! Please allow us to further review the details. Can you please let us know if you were able to resubmit your proof of receipt to customercare@samsungrewards.com ? If the receipt was too long, you may need to fold the receipt and take multiple pictures for the upload. You can also contact Samsung Customer care directly 888-869-0638 to further review the details of your promotion status.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes