Re: Samsung S8 $250 Visa gift card problem
bykm
Enthusiast - Level 2

RosanneM_VZW,

I responded to your reply on December 27 and have not heard from you since.  I sent it by the Verizon site and by email.

Thanks.

0 Likes
bykm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rosanne,

I responded last week with a phone number I can be reached at.  Not sure if you received it.  The number is [removed] .

I attached the 2 docs that were sent repeatedly to Samsung.  They even read it back to me, so I know it was received, but for no reason they will not give me the $250 visa gift card.  They have blamed me, the app, Verizon, really everybody except themselves for not following through with their offer.

Thanks,

Brian

Personal content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
JAMKRZ27
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had the exact same runaround from both Samsung and Verizon.  Same garbage with Samsung and a Verizon person on here asked for my number to help.  A number of days later and no call from Verizon.  Made my weekly waste of time call to Samsung to get the same runaround.  complete [removed] scam by both companies apparently.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
jsdii
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone tried filing a BBB complaint against Samsung and Verizon?  This is ridiculous that they won't give us our rebates! 

bykm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anybody ever received any assistance from Verizon for a problem through this forum or does Verizon only copy and paste the same absolutely useless response for every comment? 

It has now been 82 days since I bought a Samsung phone from the Verizon web site because it was offering me a $250 Visa gift card with the purchase.  So far I have gotten no help from Verizon, Samsung, or Hello World.

0 Likes
jsdii
Enthusiast - Level 2

I threatened Hello World with a BBB complaint and rec'd the $250 the next day.  Here's the kicker, you ca redeem the points in increments of $100 only, so I was only able to get $200 transferred to a debit card for use as actual money.  I go back later and to claim a $50 card it takes 12,500 points...I had to use 20,000 points for each of the $100 cards leaving 10,000 points...so they are still cheating us out of the full $250.  I will never trust a promotion from Samsung/Verizon again unless it's an instant promotion.

Droid4Life981
Enthusiast - Level 2

Appreciate these updates, jsdii​ ! Was this verbally over the phone (after what I assume was a lengthy hold time) or via email? Spent a lengthy chat with someone at VZW who had suggested a workable solution and was going to follow up via text on 01/26. (That day came and went with nary a VZW text.) Also a VZW private message asking for the best number to reach me (what--you DON'T know my cell phone number?). Nothing from them either. Maybe if we stop paying Verizon for $250 worth of our bills? About to lodge complaints to BBB and state AG as well. Wasted way too much of my time.

0 Likes
jsdii
Enthusiast - Level 2

Most of my communication was to HelloWorld Fulfillment fulfillment@helloworldfulfillment.com.  Good luck!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bykm,

I can assure you that we want to help you get the resolution you need. 82 days is a very long time and we are here to help. I have sent you a DM, please respond for additional support.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bykm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Candice, I responded to your DM on February 3.  Not sure if you received it.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes