Samsung S8 Group Texting
spider30neo

When receiving a text message in stock messaging app, you can reply fast by pulling down at the top and typing response and hit reply...however with my group chats, if i receive a message and i try to reply using the pull down method instead of opening up the messaging app, it only replies to that specific individual and not the group. Does anyone know if this can be changed, do i need to download a different app or I just can't respond to a group chat using this pull down method?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S8 Group Texting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@spider30neo Being able to communicate within a group message is important. Which text messaging application are you using with your group chats? (Message plus or the default messaging app) Also, I'm curious are you able to text to the group successfully without using the pull down method?

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
spider30neo

I am using the default messenger and I am also able to reply to the group chat just fine when I go into the app and don't use the pull down method. I was just wondering if there was a setting where when you responded to the quick drop down reply method to have it go to the entire group since it is coming over in that thread.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the clarification, spider30neo. We would recommend testing out the Verizon Messages (Message+) app.  This app can be downloaded from the playstore and will allow you to reply to a group message from the drop down. You can learn more about the app here, http://spr.ly/65898mT7x.

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes