Re: Samsung S8+ Oreo USBc OTG broken
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

matthewg_vzw why didn't you just send them a Direct Message initially?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Viixm1, I am a huge fan of Samsung devices as well. I am sorry to hear your phones screen cracked and that the mic on headphones stopped working. The Oreo software is great. I recently installed the Oreo software on my phone, and I am happy to report that I have not had any issues. Are you not able to download the Oreo software, because of the USB connection? If so, does the same issue occur when you use the USB cord that came with your S8+?

-JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Viixm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

vzw_customer_support

So is there a reason I get these emails;

and

and

But when I go to the "View the full discussion", I see:

And all those other messages are deleted?

0 Likes
DAVMON77
Enthusiast - Level 2

My s8 worked great with my Ford fusion sync 3 until Oreo. Now it will not connect with the usb and now I can no longer use Android Auto. This update is horrible. Please fix usb issue now!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DAVMON77,

We want nothing more than for all of your connections to work properly, especially with your car Bluetooth system for hands free use. I would like to gather a few more details. What exactly do you use the USB connection for?

Please place your phone in safe mode and test with Ford Fusion Sync and the USB connection and let us know the results. Safe mode does not remove anything from your device, it will temporarily disable third party apps until you take your phone out of safe mode by restarting it after testing. Here is a link to the steps: http://spr.ly/6586DX6EQ;

GinaU_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DAVMON77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried in safe mode and the filetransfer mode will not stay engaged. It pops back to chargebattery mode. My phone has been connecting to my car since I purchased the car 2 months ago. Android auto has worked flawlessly. The very day of the Oreo update nothing concerning usb has worked. I tried the Verizon  update application and it get through the download and backup phase and then complains that the phone has become disconnected after the screen turns blue and tries to start the update process. This one feature is the most important thing I use on my phone. I feel betrayed. I have tried several cables...even 2.0 cables. Nothing works.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Davmon77, it’s so critical to have all your device features working properly.  Is your S8 able to connect to other things besides your Ford Fusion?  What is you current software version?  Please update your software if any update is available.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-210995/

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-210994/

What steps have you performed so far in attempting to resolve this issue?

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DAVMON77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded my Galaxy s8 plus to g955usqu2crb9 on March 23, 2018.

I have attempted to run the Verizon update that an online chat person pointed me to. My phone would connect to my computer and I could see the files on the phone from the computer. The program went through the download and backup procedure. When it got to the actual update the phone turned blue with the android robot and shortly the software complains that the connection was lost.

I have done all of the things like turning on developer mode, clearing cache, restarting the phone, safe mode, Etc... the simple matter is that I now have to manually switch it to file transfer mode but when the Android Auto application starts I get a red screen telling me it has lost connection. When I drop the slider down the usb has switched back to charging mode.

There is a major bug in Oreo related to the USB connection. A simple surfing of Google will tell you that. The fact that this has been going on for some time and that either Verizon or Samsung or both did not ensure this was not going to happen to the Galaxy is unfathomable. I paid way too much for this device to only have a software update break the major piece of functionality that was important to me. I would rather have had the ability to call be broke than this.

This needs to be a priority fix for Verizon or a remedy needs to be made.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreicate all that you've done, DAVMON77. We certainly want to get this fixed as soon as possible so you can start using this feature again. Are you able to connect to Android Auto with other devices? Did you update the application updating the software? Did you attempt to do a factory data reset? If so, was the phone set up as new? 

ZangY_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes