Samsung S8+ Update
t3chb0b

Hi,

I wanted to ask if anyone else was having an issue to update their S8+. I've been tried to update my for the past three days but, I haven't been able to get android pie. I tried to see if I could get the software update while on and off wifi but, no luck. I also tried to use the software update assistant program while my phone is in "safe mode" but, I still wasn't able to retrieve the updated either. In addition, I have also tried to get the new OS after reformating my phone as well. I appreciate any information anyone else in regard to resolve the issue.

Current specs:

Base version - G955USQS5CRL1

Android security patch level - Dec 1, 2018

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung S8+ Update
bearone21
Legend

settings/updates....if it's not available you won't get it.

suggest doing the dl on wi-fi.

0 Likes
t3chb0b

I've tried both ways but, for some reason my phone doesn't see the update at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

t2chb0b, we always want you to be able to connect on the latest software possible. Does your device show that an update is available? JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
t3chb0b

Hi  JoseL_VZW,

At the moment my device doesn't show any update is availble.  I even tried to turning my phone on to safe mode in order to use the software assistance program. But I am still unable to update my device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us t3chb0b. Just to clarify, has your device ever shown that an update was available? If so, when was this? What happened when you tried to perform the update? Keep us posted. RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
t3chb0b

Yes, I remember receving updates prior to this situation. But, I lost the updates when I had to reset my phone becuase it was running slow. I thought I would get the update again but, I never recevied the notice. I've attached a few screenshots of what I see when I try to update my phone.

Should I do another factory reset and see if I my phone gets the update?

Screenshot of system updateScreenshot of system updateScreenshot of system update historyScreenshot of system update history

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing us with those screenshots. We reviewed more information on the Software Verison of your device, and we have a question prior to completing a factory data reset. Is your device a Verizon Wireless device?  DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
t3chb0b

Hi, 

Yes the device is a VZW phone. And I tried to factory reset and that option did not help to get the pie update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That information is very helpful. Had you experienced issues updating the software on your device prior to this? Have there been any software modifications completed on this device before?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes