Samsung S8 Voicemail Short Cut Key Dials *86*
miscue

My Samsung S8 phone dials *86*, when I press and hold the #1 key from the phone keypad.   The call cannot be placed to retrieve my voicemail.  

I am new to this Forum, and any help is greatly appreciated.  Is there a way to delete the asterisk after the number 6 on the short cut key #1?  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung S8 Voicemail Short Cut Key Dials *86*
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's definitely important you get to your voicemail. Are you able to press and hold number 1 to reach your voicemail? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
miscue

No.  When I press and hold the #1 key, it dials *86*, and an automated recording tells me that my call cannot be placed.  It should dial *86 (not *86*).  How can I change the short cut number?  Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate that additional information miscue. You are definitely correct in that the call should be going to *86 when pressing and holding the number 1. We would like to check some information on your device to see if we can pinpoint what is causing this issue and how we can update the number. Can you share your current software version on your S8?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
miscue

Software update information is as follows:

Current Version:

G950USQU7DSL3/

G950UOYN7DSL3/

G950USQU7DSL3

Security patch level:  December 1, 2019

Android Version 9

Hope this information helps.  Again, thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this information. At this moment, we would like to access your account to get more details. We contacted you via a Private Note to continue assisting you.

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
miscue

No visual voicemail icon.  I have to dial *86 to connect to voicemail.  Then, I must enter my password.  If there are voicemail messages, I am told that I can listen to them.

Pressing a “hard hold” of the #1 key on the keypad, dials *86*.  Message from Verizon indicates that the call cannot be placed as dialed.  Cannot change the #1 key to dial *86.

I receive a message that I am not connected to a network. 

I receive a message that I am not connected to the Internet.

Voicemail messages and text messages are not always received or sent.

I have service with Verizon Wireless.

Wi-fi is turned on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, Miscue. Do your voicemail problems coincide with the texcting and data problems?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
miscue

Yes.  Voicemail and text messages are received late, if at all.  Sending voicemail or text messages often prompt an error message stating the "Contact" does not exist.  Then, later on, I am able to send a voicemail or text.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, Miscue. Do the texting problems happen more often in certain geographic locations than others?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes