Samsung S8 randomly stops sending and receiving text messages and phone calls
crapjunknstuff

After a year of perfect flawless service, last year my Samsung S8 started randomly not sending or receiving text messages or phone calls. It seems to happen most often when I am home.

The phone will show that it has 3-4 bars of 4G and a wi-fi connection, but nothing will send or receive. There are no indications there is an issue either until I get a call on the home phone that someone can't reach me.

Working with Tech Support, I have done multiple factory resets, changed text messaging providers, cleared caches, cleared memory, wiped everything and re-installed backups and wiped everything and started fresh with minimal apps. Turned Wi-fi calling on and off, updated the software... and finally two weeks ago - got an insurance replacement.

Guess what - It still does the same thing. It's totally random - it may happen 4 or 5 times in a day and then go for a week or two before it does it again. The only fix is shutting the phone off, waiting for 10-15 seconds and then restarting it. You can't just hit restart - you have to completely shut it off.

I live just a little north of Houston, one of the largest metropolitan cities in the country that also happens to be almost completely flat. What in the HECK is going on? I'm about to stomp the phone and ditch Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung S8 randomly stops sending and receiving text messages and phone calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

crapjunknstuff, we understand how important it is to be able to use your device efficiently. We are happy to help in any way possible. Currently, there are no known or reported issues in the Houston area. Are you having issues with data on your device when not connected to Wi-Fi? Are you using the same SIM card in the replacement device that was in the old device? Are you aware of any one else in your area having issues?

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes