Samsung S9+ Software Update
larrymcj1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon issued a software update for the Samsung S9 & S9+ on August 10, 2018 but I still haven't received this update to my phone and the phone indicates that no software update is available. How long does it take for software updates to roll out? I've always used iPhone in the past so I never had this issue.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung S9+ Software Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having the latest update is certainly a big deal to most customers, larrymcj1. I'm sorry your phone hasn't gotten it yet. Updates are rolled out in batches; therefore, it can take a bit longer to get yours. You can also select the following link for the Software Repair Assistant, if you don't get the update in the next couple weeks. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s9-plus-update/

Vanessa_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It can take a couple of weeks to roll out to all of the phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

rvortman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Really...this update is overdue, and now they're taking their time rolling it out.

Do the delays on this stuff never cease? When the update was announced, I switched back to the Samsung S9 from the iPhone 8 to get the update. Looks like I'm going back to the iPhone 8 for the time being.

0 Likes
larrymcj1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anyone else still waiting for the latest update to the Galaxy S98+?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having the latest update is certainly a big deal to most customers, larrymcj1. I'm sorry your phone hasn't gotten it yet. Updates are rolled out in batches; therefore, it can take a bit longer to get yours. You can also select the following link for the Software Repair Assistant, if you don't get the update in the next couple weeks. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s9-plus-update/

Vanessa_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2

The update finally appears to be available -- unfortunately, it includes the July 2018 SAMSUNG security patches even though the August 2018 patch set has been released:

Software Version: R16NW.G965USQU3ARG7

Android® Security Patch Level: 2018-07-01

This software update gives you the most up to date Android security patch on your device along with other improvements and bug fixes.

Improved call performance

• Fixes an issue that could cause the inter carrier video call to fail under certain scenarios.
  • Fixes an issue that could cause the outgoing call to fail under certain scenarios.
  • Improves voice call quality.

Additional bug fixes

• Fixes an issue that could cause the phone to reboot when unlocking your phone with iris scanner.

Updated: 08/10/2018

Manually check for the updates...

0 Likes
larrymcj1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@TheS1R: If your comment was directed at me, I am far from "obsessed" with the upgrade. But I am experiencing two of the problems this update supposedly fixes, so I would like to get it installed on my phone...especially since most everyone in the world has it now except for a few Verizon customers.

0 Likes
TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2

larrymcj1​: I did not make the comment about "obsessed" (no harm, no foul...)​ -- that came from jrh4054​. My post was let folks know that the update is actually available -- at least for me, anyway...

I actually agree with you 1000% that VZW is delinquent in providing timely updates for the S9/S9+.

0 Likes
larrymcj1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@TheS1R: My sincere apologies...I thought I was replying to @jrh4054. But I'm sure he'll still read it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rvortman, We understand your concern. The security of your phone is important to us. Let us guide you to the software information page. To keep an eye out on the software updates; visit http://spr.ly/6580DvGcM

Trinette_VZW

0 Likes