Samsung / UConnect bluetooth calling issue (dropping calls)
ecseig

I am unable to make bluetooth calls from my Chrysler (UConnect system) minvan from my S5. It makes the call but disconnects after the first or second ring. It seems to work in safe more which leads me to believe that a third party app is causing a conflict. Does anyone have any knowledge of any apps that are known for causing these types of issues.  This issue is everywhere on the internet so it's not just my phone or my car. Chrysler and Samsung have been little or no help.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung / UConnect bluetooth calling issue (dropping calls)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your S5 and your bluetooth question concerning your UConnect service, ecseig. We're here to help out! Did these issues occur prior to upgrading to Lollipop, or did it recently start up?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ecseig

It was happening prior to Lollipop (5.0).  It started this fall sometime, I'm not exactly sure (maybe Oct?).I was hoping Lollipop would fix it but it did not.

0 Likes
d1huss
Enthusiast - Level 2

my S5 did the same thing with my 2012 Dodge Ram (android 4.4.4) Lollipop fixed the problem for me.

0 Likes
ecseig

I was hoping it would too and at first it did but the issue started again.  I started the phone in safe mode which appears to fix the problem but now I need to find which app is conflicting with the Bluetooth.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see how this would be baffling for you, ecseig. Can you try to connect to the bluetooth while the device is in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1mFGTH4?
What is the make/model of your vehicle?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes