Samsung call and text on other devices
Jenny621
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why did verizon deliberately turn off the call and text on other devices from the samsung smartphones? I really want this feature to work seamlessly with my tab s6. I dont want to use any other software than the samsung call and text continuity. Why would you do this? Its infuriating!

Labels (1)
Re: Samsung call and text on other devices
Pool_Shark1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Because Verizon wants people to use their inferior software products, especially if it can squeeze a bit more money from their customers.

Samsung cloud - nope.

rcs in Samsung messages - nope (at least not for my phone).

Samsung call and text across devices -nope.

I have put up with Verizon crippling my devices long enough. I figured, ok better service means more.  It doesn't, not anymore. My next phone with be an unlocked model and I'm probably going to use it on t-mobile.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am a consumer too and I sincerely understand your desire to utilize specific functions on your phone, Pool_shark123. Lamentably, some manufacturer's features are not compatible with devices that are designed to work specifically with our network. Please be assured that your device is working as designed. 

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
whysounfriendly
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want this same feature to work and just got my tab s seven for this very purpose.  Some of the software i use is only available on ipad, so my personal tablet i wanted the same continuity and eco system that apple gets.  when trying to figure out why this is i see that the verizon sight actually walks you thru the steps to turn on the apple feature.  my only conclusion (as on of your repliers said) it working exactly how it was designed to work with our system.  apple continues to pump their eco system but it in no way could be as strong without help from large corporations stoping others from competing.  i have had the same number and been with verizon (or the the companies they aquired for nearly 30 years now.  but i just may take my conversations to another network.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

whysounfriendly, it's difficult to read that you feel this way. Has there been an update to this?

0 Likes
tee33thomas06
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is still an issue today 1-17-2022. Longtime customers deserve better from Verizon. Not even an explanation to say why this is disabled. Does Verizon offer this service separately? Is this to keep other OEMs from competing with each other? I really want to know but it seems pointless and frustrating to the users. Someone is profiting from this decision. The technology is far beyond capable of handling this feature without compromise to the network, its users, and the company's bottom line. Unfortunately, Verizon could care less about these low ticket number complaints. I have not been able to recommend Verizon Wireless in quite a while and it is restrictions like this that prevent me from changing my stance on the matter. 

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes