Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
p_clinger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also having very significant battery drain issues following the Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 update. Loss is approximately 1% per 2-3 minutes, idle.  Attempted clearing the cache partition, with no effect.  Have run in Safe Mode, also with no effect. Tried removing all apps (barring the substantial amount of Verizon bloatware), again no effect. Switched out batteries, with no effect.  This issue basically turns the phone into a landline, which of course calls into question why one is paying for the service at all. Can probably give it another week, but that's it.

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
Ramjet79
Enthusiast - Level 2

My S3 just got updated to 4.3 today. I haven't been following the news and thought little of it... until after the update.

So far, this is what I have noticed:

Terrible battery drain. Phone running very warm. Phone is pretty much relegated to 3g only when I've had very good 4g service here, historically. All around, a terrible update.

Ramjet79
Enthusiast - Level 2

also, my phone's flash seems to randomly flash at times.... not sure what that is about. only since this update, though

MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

Ramjet79 wrote:

also, my phone's flash seems to randomly flash at times.... not sure what that is about. only since this update, though

Go to Settings>Accessibility>Flash notification.  If the box is unchecked, check it and uncheck it and that should stop the flash from flashing during calls. If it is checked just uncheck it, You may have to restart your phone after, don't remember, but it  worked for me.

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to continue to love your Galaxy S III D_squared! Thanks for trying a hard reset, as this would be our best recommendation based on the problems you have described after the update. Have you readded your previous apps since the reset? If so, have you tried testing the device in safe mode to rule out app conflict with the new OS? http://tiny.cc/pshd9w

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
amhop
Enthusiast - Level 1

Like Ramjet79, I hadn't been following the news, upgraded yesterday and have had multiple issues since...battery drain, screen lock up in several different applications, wifi connection issues, to include messages of "your internet connection is unstable" in locations where I never had issues before, screen goes black randomly, flash goes off randomly, cannot do anything in the photo gallery without the phone locking up, and have missed texts/calls.  I have tried some of the suggestions to fix some of these issues and most are still occurring.  Like most, I need to receive calls/texts/emails as they come in...my work and being available if my 97 yr old grandmother needs me makes this necessary. It is, as others have posted already, obviously caused by the 4.3 update and pretending it is otherwise and recommending a reset is not acceptable.  Step up and offer a real fix to these issues!

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm here to save you a trip, mammabug! You may experience some difficulty scrolling through your menu, the best way to access your settings, would be to use two fingers to scroll while in TalkBack mode. You can follow these steps to disable TalkBack Mode. Settings>Accessibility>Turn off TalkBack. Please let us know if you are still having problems with your phone after following these steps.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
p_clinger
Enthusiast - Level 2

As has been well-documented here, Safe Mode does nothing to mitigate the battery drain, even following hard reset. It would be best to stop instructing people to go through the time-consuming process of backing everything up, deleting everything, and hard resetting the phone when the issue is with the update.  Ideally, you could simply give a future date when customers might either a) download a fix or b) get some update as to progress on a fix. That's pretty much all anyone wants or expects; going through the trouble of a hard reset which does not resolve the issue only compounds frustrations.

Mendesweber
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Samsung Galaxy S3 just upgraded to 4.3 last night and I lost all my playlists.  Anyone else have this issue?

D_squared
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done all the above stated tips to correct the issue, along with deleting all the downloaded apps on my phone.  Regardless of putting the device in "safe" mode, that will be of no use because I didn't re-download the apps for awhile and the problems were still present.  At this point I feel as though I must wait until the problem is corrected by Samsung, who has stated themselves that there are some issues with the latest Android release. So doing a hard reset or putting the device in "safe" mode isn't really helpful considering there might be a deeper problem.

Dorian

0 Likes