Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
Linz1980

I am just going to reply to what appears to be a customer service person since the Verizon website has had massive changes since I was last on there.  I can't even find where to email customer service.  I did the 4.3 update yesterday.  I wish I could undo it since overall it is horrible.  My main issue is that I have a notification "sd card is damaged, try reformatting it."  Then I get the scary message "format SD card?  all data on your card will be lost."  So I go to my picture gallery and several hundred of my pictures are gone, seems to be my older ones.  What do I do?  Can I go into a Verizon store and get help with this?  I don't know much about this stuff; I have never had this kind of issue before. 

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon did away with the option to e-mail Customer Service early last year; current options include phone, chat, or social media such as Facebook or Twitter.

Regarding your SD card issue, see if this helps:

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
KS75

My Galaxy S3 keeps randomly rebooting since receiving the update.  I've tried 3 different batteries & a factory reset.  Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix?

0 Likes
Linz1980

Thank you!  I will try this out later after work.  The chat feature on Verizon wasn't even working last night. 

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
Aristoi

Add me to the list of people who have major issues since the 4.3 update.  My Note 2 never had these issues, and now I constantly lose WiFi, get pauses during music playback and have severe lag when waking the phone or answering/ending calls. 

0 Likes
Steve91313
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I had read this post/thread about 60 minutes ago, I would not have performed the update for 4.3.

I disabled the Sync. But I still see the WiFi keeps transmitting/receiving data.

Also had a full battery charge just after the update finished. Now it's about 60 minutes later and I'm down to 88% of charge.

This is more headache than it's worth.

DO NOT UPDATE to 4.3 if you have not already.

aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

The best thing you can do at this point is to call Verizon. They will escalate an issue based upon the number of complaints (per Verizon rep). A factory reset will not fix the issue. My friend got impatient and took the plunge. He kept it stock and clean (no additional apps installed) and the battery is still draining. He's also having issues with the phone heating up. I'm as frustrated as everyone else, but it will take another update to correct this issue.

0 Likes
Steve91313
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone know if there is a way to reverse this and go back to 4.1.2?  How could I do that?

Ramjet79
Enthusiast - Level 2

I phoned Verizon this morning. They gave the same stock responses others have been reporting.

Told me to take my battery out while the phone was on. I did. Actually got 4g back for about 15 minutes. Haven't seen it again since.

They transferred me to Samsung who told me to flash my phone. The Samsung rep I spoke with also told me that I was the first person to report any problems with the update... rubbish.

If it takes Verizon another 2 months to correct the issue, I'll be looking for a new carrier. They are expensive as it is, but I've been willing to pay the price b/c I've been happy with the service and 4g speeds. But, the update seems to have the same problems as the one they pulled a couple of months ago to correct. And, I'm already getting the impression that getting them to officially acknowledge and correct will be like pulling teeth, and will take months, rather than days.No sense in spending this kind of money to be stuck on 3g either when I've always had good 4g service where I am.

Will try to remain patient awaiting some kind of official confirmation from Verizon, but, as of now, this update is about a step from having bricked my phone.  And, as of January 8th, Verizon and Samsung both act like you are the first person reporting this issue if you call them.

Ramjet79
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not that I am aware of (short of rooting your phone, which would potentially void any warranty you might have in place).

According to Samsung on the phone today, flashing your phone is going to give you 4.3. There is no way to roll back an update (according to the rep I spoke to).

0 Likes