Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
wmwindham79

Samsung PLEASE give me my T9 keyboard back. Cant find it anywhere and I dont like the ones in the play store. It takes me forever to type anything with the Samsung keyboard. Also battery life sucks. Please fix this soon!!!

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
ohioflyfishguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Horrible update – sorry, just needed to chime in.

gtnorga
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can ya downgrade my phone until this gets resolved.

Ramjet79
Enthusiast - Level 2

According to the samsung rep I spoke with yesterday, there is no way to rollback an update, and flashing your phone is going to give you a fresh install with the latest version as well.

The only option would be to root your phone (but, this could impact your warranty status. I am not positive though).

Ramjet79
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got off the phone with Verizon again. The tech support person I spoke with said he showed the issue (warm and battery drain) on their list of known issues.

My phone is out of warranty, but they are sending me a replacement phone since the issues are the result of a software upgrade and no fault of my own.

I am a bit skeptical about a replacement correcting the issue, since it appears to be software related, but we will see how it goes.

I will keep this thread updated if anyone is interested to know how it goes. They don't have it classified as being a problem with every phone at this point, so we will see. It will probably be Monday at the earliest before the replacement arrives.

Wolfdog09
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here, since the upgrade, bluetooth won't work unless I re-pair the device each time I drive my 2014 Subaru Forester.  Never had any problems until the day I upgraded the Galaxy SIII to the new 4.3.  First I noticed the flash going off when I got a phone call.  Then the blue tooth issue and today for thie first time I got the instability wi-fi message.  I am waiting for my battery to drain because that is the only symptom I don't have yet.  Love my phone like you wouldn't believe, but this bites and has been going on for a week now.  I am feeling as though, this is a "wait until the bug gets fixed scenario" because all of the anecdotes I have seen, I have tried and only work temporarily.  I registered today just to make this complaint and I have had verizon for years. I hope Verizon will go to bat for all of us and demand that this gets some priority from Samsung if that is where the problem lies.

0 Likes
wwselect
Enthusiast - Level 1

This did not work- my setting for flash was not checked and yet flash was still going off.

0 Likes
floridabamaboy

Ramjet, I too just got off the phone with Verizon and they are going to send my wife and I new Note 2's to replace ours since we are having the same issues.  This will fix the issues because the phones will come with 4.1.2 on them, you just have to "ensure" you don't accidently upgrade to 4.3 or you will be in the same boat as before...

Good luck

0 Likes
jascotx
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wolfdog09 wrote:

Same here, since the upgrade, bluetooth won't work unless I re-pair the device each time I drive my 2014 Subaru Forester.  Never had any problems until the day I upgraded the Galaxy SIII to the new 4.3.  First I noticed the flash going off when I got a phone call.  Then the blue tooth issue and today for thie first time I got the instability wi-fi message.  I am waiting for my battery to drain because that is the only symptom I don't have yet.  Love my phone like you wouldn't believe, but this bites and has been going on for a week now.  I am feeling as though, this is a "wait until the bug gets fixed scenario" because all of the anecdotes I have seen, I have tried and only work temporarily.  I registered today just to make this complaint and I have had verizon for years. I hope Verizon will go to bat for all of us and demand that this gets some priority from Samsung if that is where the problem lies.

I went this route as well.  You should receive a refurb'd phone in good condition and running 4.1.2.  Just set it up and it will run great...UNTIL....the 4.3 updates start pushing to you again.  Yes, they will come almost immediately as they did with my replacement phone.  To thwart them in the short term you will have to terminate your wifi connection and/or kill your mobile data to prevent the 4.3 upload from occurring, again.  That said, I was informed by a Verizon Rep (who also confirmed with Samsung) that there is no way to permanently disable the update from downloading to your phone, or to delete the file once it has downloaded, but not installed.  Once the file installs onto you phone, you will prompted to install it or delay it from installing for up to 24 hrs (where you will have to delay it again).  The VZW Rep also told me that eventually the update will install with or without your permission.  So, ultimately, reverting to a 4.1.2 phone is only living on borrowed time.  That's just what I was told.  If someone else knows how to stop the download or delete the download file before it installs, PLEASE post it.  My tech capabilities aren't novice level, but they only go so far in this case.

The good news (if you choose to see it that way) is that VZW has officially released a bug fix for S4's that have received the 4.3 update and are experiencing many similar problems.  Just so happens most of those phones are still under warranty and it appears that VZW understands the ultimate implications of stranding those users with bad phones.  In light of that, and what I have currently witnessed by VZW and Samsung,  I am going to advise my State Attorney General's Office that legislation should be considered that either (1) mandates that all cellular service providers warranty contract devices for the term of the original contracts, or (2) mandates that customers should have the right to deny installation of any software updates they do not specifically request.  Otherwise, the providers can operate within service loop holes whereby they can forcibily encumber customers with faulty software (effectively rendering the contract device useless or close to it), and then attempt to intimidate customers who feel they are still bound under some contract.

FYI, I am not bitter about any of this.  I simply have attempted to be proactive about this issue and offered VZW an opportunity to correct the situation, after my experience with the 4.3 update on one of the two GS3's we own, but VZW has declined to do anything further to remedy the situation at this time (even while acknowledging that the 4.3 update will eventually occur without my consent).  So, from my standpoint, VZW is effectively disabling key components of my contract device, therefore also altering the conditions under which that original contract was entered into at the original time of execution.  It's pretty simple.  You alter the contract, or the intent of the contract, without unilateral consent, NO CONTRACT.          

jascotx
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only other option is to put up with 4.3 for however long Samsung/Verizon determine is appropriate for their GS3 customers to wait.  And, well, you will also have to pay your entire bill for that "privelege".  Just seems wrong to me.