Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
Skyking711
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks.

Would any update being installed now be the latest from Samsung?  IOW's, if one got notification of the OTA last week but did not install it at that time, Installing it today would install the latest version?

tia

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
SC-Claim
Enthusiast - Level 3

To Samsung via Twitter:

SamsungSupport since 4.3 update on my GS3, battery life no abysmal.  Many r complaining.  When will a fix be OTA?

rudeguyy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes it will be the same version because no other updates or fixes have been rolled out. So you can delay it until a point where it might force you to install it on your phone.

steve1811
Enthusiast - Level 3

(removed)

You are surely aware by now of the many WIFI and instability problems reported on the web regarding the Samsung Galaxy S and Note Smartphones. These appear to be independent of carrier, but may be related to Android 4.3.

I myself have spent about 20 hours tracing WIFI instability problems on my Verizon Note 3 including all the cookbook suggestions on the web, as well as installation of a new router and modem. None worked for me until I turned off the Bluetooth function – a temporary solution at best.

As an electrical engineer I understand the complexities of hardware and software interactions, as well as the potential interactions of RF devices sharing the 2.4 GHz band.  However, the problems with your devices are now likely consuming tens of thousands of user plus customer service hours, on what may be futile trails. This wasted time and frustration could be avoided.

I think the honorable thing to do would be for Samsung to broadly acknowledge that they are having these problems, announce that they have a top team working on it, forecast a time frame when they may have a repair, and suggest temporary fixes for those who can’t wait and need them immediately. For many people this would suffice, since your strong reputation would be enough to give them confidence that help is on the way. In effect, this makes Samsung a hero rather than a villain.

Unless you do this, you will face a growing backlash from increasingly frustrated users who feel their time is being wasted by a company that wants to hide the issue.

Sincerely,

(removed)

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
floridabamaboy

My wife and I both have the Note 2 and downloaded the horrible 4.3 update.  We could literally get 6hrs of phone use before having to recharge our phones; AFTER the download of course.  I finally called Verizon and complained to the point where they sent me and my wife new phones.  I got the new phones in today and they both have 4.1.2 on them "Despite" what the Verizon technician said; she said the warehouse automatically downloads the upgrades on the phones before sending the phones out, which made no since to me...

Anyways, once I booted the phone today, of course it asked me to download the new upgrade 4.3.  I deferred the download for the max 5 day limit, setting it to reboot on 17 Jan 2014. I THEN manually changed my phones date to Jan 2013, instead of 2014.  This sucks that I won't be able to use my phone for calendar but at least the download won't install on our phones until Samsung releases something that fixes these issues.

0 Likes
Skyking711
Enthusiast - Level 3

Very nice. Tx for taking this on. Twitter @SamsungSupport willing to offer some one-off help but not addressing the bigger picture.

When I informed them of the LED problem, I was instructed to 'turn off LED notification"  WTH? 

Using that logic, I guess all the S3 users having 4.3 problems should  just power down their devices and the problem will go away.

Skyking711
Enthusiast - Level 3

What a (removed)....

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

cjz_ohio
Enthusiast - Level 1

issues after updating to 4.3

Battery drain... 1/2 day almost empty

exchange server with no email sync - tried deleting account and re-adding

unstable internet connection

Tune In radio app turns on suddenly

blue tooth sync with car for hands-free law compliance has to be reconnected each time in car

bravo Google, Samsung and VZW... bravo...

Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

pizzapablo wrote:

Believe me, when I say that you are in the minority.

This thread is 21 pages. This thread https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/812848?start=50&tstart=0 is 7 pages.

Your's is the first that I've read, stating operation is better, let alone, good to go.

When did you receive the 4.3 "update"?

You can add me as the 2nd person that doesn't have any problems, in fact this update seemed to make my battery life better.  You must not have read the whole thread.  I downloaded and installed the update the first day it was available in December.  I posted a screenshot of my battery life several pages back in this thread and I still had almost 80% battery left after almost 9 hours.  This is unusual for me because from the update last summer I had major signal and battery problems, but for some reason this update was a non-issue for me (had to re-install some custom ring tones, that's it). 

One thing I noticed is that this thread exploded in activity a week or so ago, so for some reason it seems that those that updated back in December had fewer issues, and those that updated more recently had more.  I'm not sure why that is the case.  Right after the update in December there were a few responses about the camera flash going off for notifications and a few who had worse battery life, but nothing like what is showing up now. 

0 Likes
aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

I upgraded the day it come out last month...so that would kill the theory of when people installed 4.3. Just like a PC OS there are many variables and anything is possible when installing an update. However this 4.3 update obviously has an issue even though it may not have destroyed ever phone it has been installed on.

0 Likes