Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
OHIrishman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been monitoring this post for the past few days. I got the 4.3 upgrade on my S3 last weekend and has basically bricked my phone. Same issues all you folks are describing, battery life poor, wifi stability issues and extreme lag and slowness on all apps. I've also attempted most of the suggested canned fixes (soft and hard reset) with no improvement (although i didn't expect any). Clearly, to me, the upgrade hosed the phone. Today I submitted a complaint with the FCC as well. I recomend everybody do the same who continues to struggle with the phone.

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
Rayo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, when? Nobody at the big, red, V cares anymore.

0 Likes
Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1
Skyking711
Enthusiast - Level 3

Rob

IB link seems to reroute to homepage. Could not find the intended article on that site. .

hmmmmm

0 Likes
aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
AsianAlan
Enthusiast - Level 2

So samsung acknowledges the problem, IB has reported on the problem, and VZW still doesn't acknowledge it?

wonder if that will effect anybody's decision to stay with Verizon after their contract expires....

Skyking711
Enthusiast - Level 3

Rob...

Link resolving to US server and not AU. Can't find the article on that server after searching.  Redirects to http://www.ibtimes.com/ for me but was able to go through Duckduckgo and find it. Thanks

0 Likes
TheG
Enthusiast - Level 2

The link worked for me.  I am going to continue to defer the update until something gets fixed.

Danimal09
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same issues as everyone with this 4.3 "upgrade". Battery drain is noticeable worse but not as bad as some of you. My phone freezes and responds to nothing when I use the browser (have to removed the freaking battery to turn it off just because the screen won't turn off and the phone becomes extremely hot!!!) and wifi and data connectivity are extremely unstable which is the most frustrating part. Now to top it off (and the tipping point for me writing this) the Verizon network for my area (SWFL) has been cut and my phone is absolutely useless now. I don't know why and apparently they are working on connecting it (yeah right).

I will be calling Verizon after work to give them one last shot at fixing this or I am going to demand a free out of my contract due to a breach by them. This is ridiculous. If they won't I will go to the FCC. If this issue is not solved within the next couple weeks I will be going to AT&T and will leave droid for Apple.

fc34
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had all the issues. I don't understand why Verizon rolled out this software when samsung already knew that there was a problem with it. I called Verizon basically master reset you phone or upgrade your phone. Called Samsung and they said they will give me free consult to fix problem but since my phone is out of warranty I will have to pay for any fix. Oh and get this they said they are not responsible for this it is Google because Android belongs to them. Lets play the blame game while all of us are screwed.