Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
Quentintime

Add me to the list of unhappy users. After the update my S3 won't stay connected to wifi and sometimes it won't connect with a connection error. Everything worked great before. Samsung and Verizon please fix this soon!

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
daddyattitude
Enthusiast - Level 2

Major issues in new Android 4.3 update for Galaxy S III:-

- Wake up lag (Sometimes it takes a few seconds to wake the device from standby and sometimes a few minutes)

- Random Freezing

- Huge battery drain

- Bluetooth Audio issues during playback in car

- Stuttering music playback with stock Samsung music app

- Device freezes as soon a call is received (Black screen issue)

- Poor RAM management (very difficult to multitask)

- Wi-Fi issues

The only issues I am NOT having are Bluetooth Audio and Stuttering music playback with stock Samsung music app because I don't use those features.

I choose a galaxy S3 because I did not like the Apple products. It seems I would had been better off being an I-phone user.

And when will the patch for this fiasco be out?

Better yet, how about a downgrade to the previous OS?

0 Likes
daddyattitude
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just read in the original post that Samsung had blocked/suspended upgrading because of issues being reported over 2 weeks ago. Why did my device get upgraded if upgrading by Samsung was supposed to be blocked?

Does anyone read this stuff?

0 Likes
pchain

I doubt that anyone at Verizon cares too much about this issue at all.  

The helpless "help" from customer support reps is easily understood.  They simply offer customers a sense of empathy with our concerns and may even offer a replacement phone as a short term workaround, but no solutions to the real issues with the 4.3 update itself are ever offered because in all actuality, there is no solution to it.  They launched it, delayed it, then launched it again with bugs still included.   The only thing they can do is try to be empathetic to angry customers, letting customers vent, and being as nice about it as possible so they can score higher satisfaction scores about customer service.  The actual implementation of technology is 2nd to the perception of customer service. 

The bigger picture is as much as I like my s3 (I've had it since launch day June 2012 and it has been the best phone I've ever had), I recognize that no company would likely invest a lot of time and money in fixing a product that was in the last stretch of a 2 year life cycle.  Especially when they know that 2 year contracts will be ending in a few months and the s5 will be launched.  Money will be focused towards marketing/promoting s5 sales and signing former s3 owners up for new two year agreements rather than spending money fixing an aging product like the s3, and allowing those s3 users to lapse into a non-guaranteed revenue stream of month to month customers.  Verizon will always spend money on locking and loading customers into contracts, it's just that simple.  Looking at the 4.3 update debacle in light of their business directives allows you to see into the future, that nobody will take fixing the 4.3 issue seriously.  Short sighted, indeed.

I unfortunately updated my own s3 to 4.3 the other day.  Same issues as everyone else.  I used to have the nicest phone I've ever had, with battery life I could depend on for a full day.  My battery life now is about 40-50% of what it was before the update, and all the other issues and lag times introduced with this update really make me question why the frell I keep sticking with Verizon. 

The answer to this question is simple, they offer me the best coverage than any other carrier.  That's it.  I really do despise, deplore, and detest that they have the highest prices (especially for a single smartphone user)  and the most faux customer service in the business who are more concerned about perception and satisfaction surveys than offering solutions, and the sloppiest handling of OTAs, and typically getting new phones after the other carriers, LTE signal strength is not as consistent as it once was, etc and so forth.  

In the end there's nothing I can do about any of the issues I have.   Sad situation for me and many others, isn't it.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It doesn't matter to carriers if you upgrade or not... Honestly they'd rather you not upgrade. Think about it... You pay the same regardless if you have the Galaxy S4, Note 3, and the iPhone 5. They subsidize it for a 2 year contract. If you had it for 3 years and don't upgrade Carriers bank that extra year of you paying subsidiaries for a device that is already paid off for that entire time.

Manufacturers on the other hand once they sold a device it's sold. If they want more money they have to sell more devices.

0 Likes
pchain

Tidbits you are correct in that carriers do not ultimately care as much if you upgrade devices and which device you upgrade to.  Their revenue primarily comes from providing monthly service, not selling or subsidizing hardware/devices.  As such they are simply using new hardware/devices to entice consumers into locking into contracts which would guarantee a handsome monthly revenue stream for the term of the contract, which is typically two years.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Pdubya,

Software updates are in place to keep your phone up to date and improve the over all performance. I'm sorry to see it has been giving you so many issues.

BirdOnTheBEach is correct, the best way to view SD contents is by hooking it up to the computer.

How long does your battery last from 100% to 0%? Here are some tips to improve battery life,http://vz.to/1dHjDRgHave you been able to plug in the SD card into the computer and view the contents? Let us know if your still missing these features.

Which e-mail provider are you using? Please try removing and re-adding the e-mail account and testing again.

What happens when you hook up your phone to bluetooth?

Please provide additional details so we can better assist.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
anonymousn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Customer Support:

Please forward a link of this section to your President of the Company. And everyone else who affects technology at Verizon. Your comments and purported fixes are worthless. I hope even you can tell this. Your responses are insulting, and your refusal to acknowledge a worldwide problem with your product makes you appear as though you don't care.

Don't dummy down to us. Please only respond if you have useful information. Asking what kind of charger we're using is just irrelevant. I know you are just doing your job. But at least try to do it so you are helpful.

I am completely disgusted with the lack of help, feedback, or true concern from Verizon. If you can't see that this is a huge problem, you need to find another job.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gaangel5,

I understand how important it is to safeguard your privacy and we’re happy to help you. You can change the the Call Settings by accessing your Phone App>Menu>Settings>Any Options to change will be available here. In addition, you can access your general system Settings>Display and adjust your Notification Panel as you'd like.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi pilotgirl,

Let's see what's causing the problem! Have you downloaded any new applications since completing the update? With a 100% charge, how much battery life are you receiving? Please advise, what developer options are you referring to?

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us onTwitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes