Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
katalinagirl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Both are at fault actually.... I never said that Samsung didn't have some accountability here as they very much do but so does Verizon.  We are not the Samsung customer we are the Verizon customer and therefore Verizon does have a word in what Samsung is pushing onto its customers, fact.  I still think you need to do your homework here because I think you are blinded as to what involvement Verizon has here.

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
Tidbits
Legend

FYI- Carriers don't touch the code at all.... It has been PROVEN COUNTLESS TIMES. From Google, Sony, HTC, and Motorola have shown for the past 2 years.

This is carriers involvement... Is giving software(which they didn't make themselves), and basic guideline agreement for certain changes(like a locked boot loader for example).

katalinagirl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Exactly.... Verizon's involvement here is just that.  Verizon is very much so a participant in what modifications are being done, whether or not they are having Samsung complete all of the programming and so forth; it is still on their behalf and so they are therefore responsible just the same.  It is Verizon and Verizon alone that gave the go ahead for pushing this Jelly Bean 4.3 update out to their customer base with these phone models. Verizon with all due respect has a responsibility to their customers, us, for this damage that they had a hand in causing.  How they deal with Samsung in the handling of this disaster and a fix for it, well, let's all hope they do so very quickly here.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Actually I am not blinded and never was. You guys are the ones blinded here. Europe will get fixes first(which hasn't even happen yet), because they know pressure is all on them unlike here in the states.

0 Likes
katalinagirl
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm certain you are right about the UK getting help first, this considering they were the first to go to war about this issue with Samsung in the first place.  That's not new news. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

They don't touch code period. Any changes are superficial. They are not gutting things and making the software ultra different. Anything outside the RIL and HAL(these are different in terms of hardware differences like Wireless charging, or NFC) is 1000% interchangeable.

So if Verizon made some changes then how in the world the Verizon version of the software has 100% exactly the same bugs as all the other versions. Surely some of it wouldn't be happening since they heavily modify that software right?

Smoke and mirrors from the manufacturer and I hope eventually people will realize... Carriers are the least of our problems when it comes to actual phone support.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

FYI fixes will happen in KOREA first before anywhere in the world. They haven't fixed the issues even in Korea as of yet.

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Tidbits wrote:

Verizon didn't break a thing...

I can't imagine Verizon has the clout to force update every Samsung phone around the world.

All updates come from manufacturers. All fixes come from manufacturers.

Please provide a link to verify these facts!  Of course Verizon sends the update to our phones, made modifications to the update and added their bloat.  Not sure why you keep saying this unless you are a member of VZW marketing department.  You think Samsung put the new annoying Verizon red splash screen in their code?  Samsung doesn't have servers that can send updates to our phones, so of course it comes from Verizon. 

Tidbits
Legend

I did send it to you SPECIFICALLY(I had you and a few others mentioned)... I can't help it if you ignored it. One was an official statement from HTC(The most recent one). Do you want the One from Motorola, Google, and Sony as well on the update process?

0 Likes
katalinagirl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well first off I've never relied upon a carrier for any support, not technically speaking.  But in speaking for the vast majority out there that do not understand the technical lingo nor use it, they do and so they trust them to make smart decisions on their behalf and they are paying them every month as a subscriber to do so.  So on that note I'm done with this thread for the time being.  I do understand exactly where you're coming from and everything you've said but if you were to ask the majority of the end users of these phones if they can understand even an 1/8 of what you mentioned, they would not, not in this forum.

0 Likes