Samsung gs4 and headset/bluetooth problems
RH2012

I got my gs4 a little over a month ago. I usually use a headset to talk on the phone so I can keep doing stuff while talking. However, shortly after buying the phone I noted the headset provided with the phone did not work. The phone would recognize that i had a headset plugged in but didnt work.  The same issue applied for my bluetooth in my van.  After doing some research I found that a compatibility issue with the microsd card could cause some of these problems.  In order to solve this I purchased a Samsung microsd card to eliminate any chance of a compatibility problems.  For the most part it worked. I can now actively use media through my bluetooth and wired headset and place calls. However, the problem now is that as soon as the call connects to the other person the call audio is dropped and I can't get it to connect. The call audio will only work through the phone. If I try to connect through the phone I also lose media audio as well. It says it is connected but no sound comes out. I either have to restart the phone or shut off bluetooth and reconnect to the device. 

I have done a hard reset on the phone. Purchased a new microsd card. Tried a different bluetooth device that has the proper profiles to be compatible with samsung device.

I would like to be able to use my headset to talk on the phone does anyone have any other ways to fix this?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

0 Likes
Re: Samsung gs4 and headset/bluetooth problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Rh2012
Thanks for the detailed post and all the troubleshooting you've done. If the issue persists after a hard reset and a new SD card. It may be device related. Any physical or liquid damage? Any 3rd arty apps reload after the reset?

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes