Re: Samsung offer for $250 visa gift card on new Galaxy 8 scam?
greenlevel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I am in no way an expert on this. I used the small receipt on the Verizon site under billing > documents and receipts. It is about the size of a regular cash register receipt. It has the address, date, price, some code for the phone and the total price.  Samsung accepted it after three days. I called, stayed on hold for one and a half hours, but the rep checked and said it was ok. Then I got the confirmation email. So, maybe this will help someone, because we really were not given in detailed instructions.

derickrose92
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unless they somehow deny you after sending you the email saying that within 14 days, you receive the points, I had no issues. Mind you, it's only been 5 days since I got that email but I took the picture of the receipt, submitted it, and they approved it so clearly financing the phone isn't an issue. Not to mention, when I paid for the down payment on my S8, and chose the payments, beside both the full retail price and installment, was the $250 visa.....if financing the phone DQ'd you then you'd think they wouldn't list the promotion beside each option if you only qualified for it by buying the phone full price.

MICSCH48
Enthusiast - Level 1

This process is very unfortunate.  I'm also experiencing what others are, an incredibly difficult process. I'm on the phone now with (888) 869-0638. I've been on the phone 1 hour and 14 minutes now. I'm stubborn like that however; like everyone, we all have limits.

I'm going to allow this call to continue until I hit the two hour mark and if I don't get a response by then, I'm going to take a screenshot before I hang up showing the amount of time on hold. I don't care about the money at this point, but Samsung and Verizon should.  I believe the best response, is to hit them in the pocket which is exactly what I'm going to do.

First, I will cancel my smart pay account and never use it again. Next, I'll be contacting Verizon before the return  period ends for me to return this phone,  and I will never purchase Samsung electronics from here on out!

Now I realize I'm only one person so, that means nothing to Samsung or Verizon however; if everyone took this approach to what's happening here, companies like this would be very careful about playing games like This!

Look what happened in the 80's when "The New Coca" was introduced.  People were outraged that Coca-Cola had the audacity to do such a thing. Needless to say, Coca-Cola heard the people and fixed that mess in short order!

23 more minutes to go and Samsung has lost a customer for life!

We all deserve better than this!

They would be nothing without us!

Good luck to everyone...

SILLYLILIPUTIAN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I suggest everyone do the same. This is a clear case of purposely deceiving consumers in order to sell a product.

Filing a complaint takes only a few minutes. Much less time than calling the Samsung number, that has put everyone on hold for 45 minutes to over an hour.

You can file a complaint here, the BBB usually responds within 2 days.BBB Online Complaint System | Get Started

derickrose92
Enthusiast - Level 2

I honestly don't understand why everyone is having such a difficult time with this....its not a scam or a way to con people into buying devices. I got my S8 on the 9th of November, on the 14th my receipt was accepted and two days ago I received my 50K points and redeemed a 200$ rewards card....call the BBB for what? I got my points so what' the issue with you guys?

derickrose92
Enthusiast - Level 2

Received my points two days ago. Not a scam, and reporting to the BBB claiming it is a scam...just stop.

LAMOCKLER
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got the email that my receipt was declined. So I re-sent and got the email, that it was approved. Still no points, so I called last night.

After 2 hours on hold, I was told that my receipt should not have been approved because Sam's club is not on the approved vendor list. I argued that yes, they were and was told that Sam's is on the NOT approved list and I will  not be receiving the points.

I asked if I would receive the points if I showed them that Sam's is, in fact, on the approved vendor list. The answer was no and was told there is nothing else I can do. The receipt should not have been approved, I will not get the points, there is no recourse.

deloused
Master - Level 3

In the offer terms and conditions listed here- https://www.samsungrewards.com/verizon102617/public/fulfillment/rules.pdf

Sam’s Club is on the list of the retailers where purchases do not qualify

0 Likes
DigitalAlien
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is not just you... I was on hold with that "Customer Service" Number for 30 minutes and 40 minutes. I followed instructions exactly, uploaded receipt from my phone, and received confirmation it uploaded but never a confirmation that it was accepted. This same thing happened to my sister. I called Samsung Customer Service a month ago now and have sent the receipt to them twice now via email (at their request) and still waiting on them to give me my points. Had I known it was going to be this big of a problem I would have return the Samsung Phone and gotten a Pixel 2. Who knows, depending on how things go I might get rid of Samsung for good. I like there phone but this kind of customer service is pathetic.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DigitalAlien, we would never want you to miss out on a promotion. Have you tried to reach out to Samsung directly? You can reach Samsung Rewards Team at 888-869-0638.

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes