Re: Samsung offer for $250 visa gift card on new Galaxy 8 scam?
GadgetMutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I got the following email saying the following:

Thank you for contacting HelloWorld regarding the Verizon Upload your receipt. Get Rewarded Offer.

We need that email forwarded, we can't send this to upper management for review with an attachment/screen shot. If you'd like to call you can reach us at 888-869-0638.

Sincerely,

HelloWorld Customer Care

Now here's the funny part, call that number and it hangs up on you.  Yep give it a shot.  Oh and the even funnier thing is I have forwarded the email, about 10 times.  Apparently the term forward and forward are different in Samsung language.  Seriously when is Verizon going to acknowledge this was a blatant scam on both of their parts.

0 Likes
JAMKRZ27
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure what HelloWorld Customer Care is.  I've been dealing with the Samsung Pay people.  I call 844-726-7297 which gets you directly to the Samsung Pay people.  They actually answer the phone (sometimes with a decent hold time) and have acknowledged they have my receipt, but that hasn't done a bit of good yet. Honestly, I feel like the last person I talked to seemed a bit more sincere on helping me, but that's probably just me being naive. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jamkrz27 I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GadgetMutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

So this ended up MAYBE being the answer.  I called this number and indeed the gentlemen appeared to help.  He stated that HelloWorld sometimes handles different promotions for Samsung.  He gave me an email address that did not immediately reject my receipt email and promised I would receive my points.  Now we play the waiting game again.

JAMKRZ27
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good luck with that RealityAskew.

Once again, I made my weekly phone call to the Samsung Pay people....same ol' story.  So I complained a bit more and they then informed me that HelloWorld is doing my review as well!  So that kind of explains it, apparently they suck at reviewing receipts.  the Samsung guy then said he was going to email them to see what the status of that was and "personally call me back".  yea right, I've been told I'd get a personal callback now 3 or 4 other times.  I'm not going to hold my breath.

I'm giving those (insert expletive here) one more week before I really flip out.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for any frustration you're experiencing without getting a call back, JAMKRZ27.  I am here to help you with your concerns as it relates to Samsung pay. I sent you a private message and please reply back so I can assist you further.

Thanks,
EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on
Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JASBAB92
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is this a put on ? I finally got my final confirmation after times to fulfillment@helloworldfulfillment.com...I  was skeptical at One point until I became angry and then I had a come to Jesus with some muky-muk in New Jersey

Droid4Life981
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would be interested to see how this develops, JASBAB92! It sounds painfully successful, but would definitely like to hear the happily-ever-after of seeing 50,000 points added to your Samsung Rewards account for the credit after 2 months!

HelloWorld Fulfillment continues to deny honoring the promotion after 7 email exchanges and a phone call. They keep recycling the same excuses: Missed the submission deadline; never received the receipt; email the receipt and we'll review it; oops, the emailed receipt missed the deadline; escalate to management; the original receipt missed the submission deadline.

vzw_customer_support​ - This latest debacle purchasing this Samsung Galaxy Note8 from a Verizon Wireless store has been the worst experience ever. I didn't even want this phone--I wanted a next-gen Motorola phone--but your sales associate steered me toward this more expensive Samsung phone (and some accessories I didn't want/need). You have been gracious for these inconveniences, but this scam promotion is over the top.

You hosted this bogus promotion right on your purchase page. I've spent considerable time and patience working with the promoter to provide them what they needed because their broken website failed to adequately handle this promotion, while they continue to muster up one lame excuse after another.

Who at Verizon Wireless can contact Samsung, or their promoter HelloWorld Fulfillment, to help me and your other loyal customers receive the 50,000 points (that we would still need to convert to a $250 Visa card) for purchasing our Samsung phones and abiding by the promotion rules? Thank you!

JAMKRZ27
Enthusiast - Level 2

Called yet again.  Same ol story.  I told the guy at Samsung that I was really looking forward to having this same conversation with another person there next week.  I asked him if he thought I'd have this resolved in the next two years. He laughed and said that it would be resolved by then.  I asked if he could promise that.  He said he was confident that it would be resolved before then.  I have my doubts....oh well, i can probably start copying/pasting these replys on here soon too, just to save some time. 

JASBAB92
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well thanks for your updates...I'm in receipt today of the local Verizon

150.00 prepaid MasterCard and IMMEDIATELY spent every penny save 3 cents at

AT&T for my new Phone and Service.

As always I check my Samsung points available balance daily before the 1st

coffee and I'm due to rattle HelloWorlds cage tomorrow...again. I'm always

hoping to get the SAME representative 2 weeks in a row but ive not been so

fortunate!