Schedule Message
bronze93
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there any way to schedule a text message on the S5?

Re: Schedule Message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Bronze93,

Thanks for reaching out to us today. I hope are you liking the Samsung Galaxy S5! I would love to answer any kind of questions that you might have about the device. Just to clarify when you say schedule a text message, are you speaking about setting up a time of when the phone would be allowed to send a text. Or do you mean, if you want a text to be sent out on May 1st at 11:00am it would automatically do that? We do have a program that is called Family Base. Family Base would allow you to set times restrictions when the phone can be used. Here is a link to get more info on Family Base: http://vz.to/1gIklla

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bronze93
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would like to schedule a message to be sent at a specific date and time. Other versions of the S5 from other companies (i.e. international, sprint, at&t) have this feature. Is there a way to get it on the Verizon version?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello bronze93,

Text messages is one of the most popular ways to communicate in the wireless world, especially while on the go. I want to make sure that you are able to get the most out of your Samsung Galaxy S 5. May I ask are you using the stock text app? Also, how many recipients are you wanting to schedule a text to? If it's a group text then please advise. As you share the details then we can explore options together.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

bronze93
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am using the stock text messaging app from Samsung. I also tried in Verizons app. I am trying to send to just one person at this time, maybe groups later. Like I stated before the stock app on other versions of the phone have this feature. What happened to it on the Verizon version?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the clarification bronze93! We'll take a look into all the capabilities of the messaging for you. The scheduling feature is currently not available however there may be a 3rd party app available within the Play Store.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
KariNich85
Enthusiast - Level 1

So in other words, Verizon disabled this feature for some unknown reason??  That's pretty ridiculous when even Metro doesn't do that.  Scheduling text messages is a really nice feature to have when you're someone that has a non-conventional work schedule and you need to text someone but don't want to wake them up!  You can just schedule the text for when they are up!  Why would Verizon disable this feature?  Bring it back!

Marnak
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agee.  Spent an hour trying to find the schedule feature on the menu.  Is there another way to send an alert?

Shelbyfan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Chomp SMS is what I use.

0 Likes
FooQ
Enthusiast - Level 1

That was my favorite feature on my Galaxy S4 from TMobile. I can't believe that Verizon disabled th Schedule Text feature on their phones. Hey Verizon,  FIX THIS!