Re: Schedule Message
RobertColby
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes!  Please fix this!  I spent an hour trying to schedule a message only to find the option I'd not available (only) to verizon users.  This seems like a strange option for a carrier to disable.  I cannot imagine a good reason.

dteeters
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's hard to believe Verizon would delete this option, but apparently they have. I will be switching back to ATT just to have this option

Kajun58
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am very disappointed that VERIZON has chosen to arbitrarily remove this functionality!

For some unknown reason, VERIZON removes functionality that the cell phone manufacturer designed into the base phone.

Being able to SCHEDULE a TEXT MESSAGE is a very useful tool.

VERIZON ,,, PLEASE restore this functionality to the Galaxy S4, and S5

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

In the ten years I have actually used the texting function on cell phones, I have yet had an occasion or situation that I would want to schedule a text message. Why would someone even want to schedule a message?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kajun58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Different stokes my friend ,,,

Perhaps you live in a different time zone and you send a message very early in the morning ,,, If the recipients have notifications turned on, they will be notified that that moment ,,, If you could schedule the message, you'd be able to have it sent at a "normal" time for the recipient.

Think about this too ... Samsung created this feature on the phone ,,, why not let the owner of the phone decide whether or not it's useful for them.  If they want to use it, they can ... if not, they won't.

dteeters
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann154. several people in my family are very forgetful. I send them txts to

remind them to take out the trash, take meds, call people, etc. I schedule

txts to remind them to do these things. I don't want to have to set an

alarm to remind me to txt people to remind them to do stuff. Schedule txts

allows me to omit one step, an alarm. I also send txts to volunteers

reminding them it's their turn to do something. I like to set these up

ahead of time/schedule them so I don't have to keep reminding myself to txt

them. I hope this makes sense

Kajun58
Enthusiast - Level 2

YES! I asked a couple of coworker, just a little while ago if they thought being about to scheduled text messages was beneficial.

They don't have VERIZON (Sprint and T-Mobile), they both said yes and gave situations that they would do so.

Since they don't have VERIZON as a carrier, they have the option to do so...  VERIZON has determined that their  customer shouldn't have this option, so they've taken it away! ...  Even though SAMSUNG, the manufacturer of the phone, built in the functionality to do so.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's what calendar reminders can be used for. Repeatable and you can set up a time when to remind those people.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kajun58
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't speak for others but, not all, if any of the messages that I'd like to schedule would be messages that are "repeatable" messages ...

I still believe that if the functionality was designed by the manufacturer, Why remove it unless there's a very good reason to do so!

Other Wireless Service Carriers (i.e. T-Mobile, Sprint, Metro) don't remove features from phones.  Why does VERIZON?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You may want to try an app such as

SMS Scheduler - Android Apps on Google Play