dteeters
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann154

Calendar reminders to remind me to txt someone at a specific time is not

exactly efficient. Your adding an extra step. Plus I'm not going to remind

myself to txt someone at 3am my time so I don't wake up the person in

another time zone. Wouldn't it be genius if you could write a txt and tell

it when to send? Well..... that feature is available. Only one problem,

Verizon has omitted from the phone. Not Cool.

Re: Schedule Message
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The calendar reminders can be on their phone.

Or if in your phone have them as invitees.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
impact1036
Enthusiast - Level 1

well maybe the dynamics of your life is different from most people I have a son flying out 18 years old at 2 a.m. in the morning I'd love to send him a real time text message without waking up the rest of the family to do so

rcschnoor
Legend

You have to wake the rest of the family for YOU to send a text at 2AM???? It sounds more like you don't want to be awake at 2AM to wish him off in real time. You would prefer to send it at 9PM and be asleep at 2AM. What happens when he responds at 2AM to you and then he doesn't hear back? Will he be worried enough you didn't have an accident and miss his plane to check in on you???

leeps691
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe that impact1036 makes a valid point but is not conveying it well. I believe that they are saying that the alarm to wake them up may possibly wake up others in the house.   I work very early in the morning and often times I want to send a text to my son or someone else at a specific time, but I will not be able to send the message at that specific time.  For example, at 3 AM I realize that I want to tell my son something as I leave for work.  I don't want to send the message at 3AM because he is still asleep.  I know he gets up for his job at 6:30 AM and leaves the house at 7:30 AM, so if I could send a text at 6:45 AM that would be ideal, BUT... I might forget, and when Ann154 suggests a calendar reminder, that could work but it will not send the text at the desired time and I might not be able to send the message at that time because I will be at work and unable to send the text or hear the reminder.  If I could write the text at 3AM and schedule it to be sent at 6:45 AM, then I could accomplish the desired task without having to go to a calendar to remind myself to do it later or to try and sync with my son's calendar, if he even uses one.  The real issue here is that Samsung has considered this useful enough to be developed into the stock messaging app, and that Verizon has decided to arbitrarily disable this feature for no apparent reason.  When I saw that Verizon had included their own Message+ app preinstalled on the phone I assumed that they had disabled the feature on the stock version as some method of having us use their app for this purpose, but that isn't the case either because you cant schedule a message on that app either.  Interestingly though you can schedule an email to be sent at a specific time even though I believe that most people are not alerted to an incoming email and a poorly timed email is not as big of a concern as a poorly timed text message.   I had been using the Handcent app because I was able to schedule a text there, but lately their app has become ad infested and unusable.  It is frustrating because we paid for our phones and the phones have this feature, and while some of you may not find it useful, some of us do and would like Verizon to restore the stock app back to how it was designed to allow us to schedule a text or at least give us a logical reason as to why it was disabled in the first place.

Tidbits
Legend

Tell Samsung to stop charging for features and stop the FCC to make Verizon to pay for spectrum support on devices (block C forces this. Qualcomm Charges licensing fee) If people had their way and Verizon devices would be more in line with Europe pricing and then people will complain they are being gouged by Verizon.

Back when the Galaxy S was release Samsung OPENLY  admitted a lot of these features are being charge to US carriers because they can. IN Europe they can't do so and have to do it on their own and one of the reasons without VAT they start more expensive. Even more so with VAT. Something to ponder.

0 Likes
LifeDontWasteIt
Enthusiast - Level 2

My son works very early... I am up very late. I don't want to send him I message an hour before he's getting up!  I'm up later than most of my friends and clients. As you can see now it's 3am, and I'm just going to bed. I can't text people especially clients on my hours! This is the THIRD serious problem / let down W verizon/Galaxy so far. I don't recommend it!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

LifeDontWasteIt wrote:

My son works very early... I am up very late. I don't want to send him I message an hour before he's getting up!  I'm up later than most of my friends and clients. As you can see now it's 3am, and I'm just going to bed. I can't text people especially clients on my hours! This is the THIRD serious problem / let down W verizon/Galaxy so far. I don't recommend it!

Why can't you send him a messaged an hour before he's up? Messages don't have to be read immediately upon receipt. They will still be there in a couple of hours when he is able to read it. I get email/texts all night long. They sit on my phone ready for me to read them until I am ready to do so.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
kravitzoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why did Verizon remove scheduled text messaging, it makes no sense.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
kravitzoo,

I know schedule text messaging has helped me in the past and definitely want to help address your concern. Scheduled text messaging would not be a feature that is prevented on our network, but would be due to the limitations of a customers device. Certain manufacturers may embed an application into the device that would provide this functionality, such as Smart Actions on some of the older model Motorola smartphones. However, if your current device does not have a setting or the function within your messaging application you would be able to check the Google Play Store to locate an application specifically for scheduling messages.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes