Screen flicker
Chris_H1
Contributor - Level 1

Recently, my S5 started having a flicker on the lower half of the screen as it starts to either go to sleep, or when I hit the power button to wake it up. Any idea what causes this or how to fix it?

Re: Screen flicker
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is certainly strange to hear Chris_H. We want to ensure your phone is fully working for you. Let's see what we can do to get this working normally again. Have there been any new apps or updates installed since this started? Does the screen work properly when not attempting these couple functions? Has there been any physical or liquid damage with your device? Click here to view examples: http://vz.to/1FAmX2E.

NicoleB_VZW
VZWllow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Chris_H1
Contributor - Level 1

The flicker started after I downloaded a flashlight app. I have removed the app, but the flickering remains. It only happens when the phone dims down to go into sleep mode, or when it is waking back up. It does not happen while the phone is being used.  The phone has not been physically damaged in any way.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chris_H, thanks so much for this information as it definitely helps. You deserve a properly working phone so let’s ensure this happens. Definitely a good idea to remove that last application but let’s dig a bit deeper. I would like for you to put the phone in safe mode which in turn will temporarily disable all 3rd party applications. While the phone in safe mode, does the flickering still happen? Please click here for instructions to put phone in safe mode. http://vz.to/1NFBtLg

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Chris_H1
Contributor - Level 1

I tried putting it in Safe mode. The flickering still occurred.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chris_H, thank you for working with us towards a resolution. Let's try removing the Memory Card. Please follow the steps in this link: http://vz.to/1P3O2Mj.

EstebanP_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Chris_H1
Contributor - Level 1

This link only leads me to a general troubleshooting page.  Is there a link on the page I am not seeing?

0 Likes
Chris_H1
Contributor - Level 1

I figured how to remove the SD card, but the flicker persisted. I also did a full reset of the phone and the problem continues. Now what??

0 Likes
3starch

I had this same issue, to the point of where my screen eventually didn't want to come back on from sleep mode. They said the same thing about any damage, I had dropped it once not even a foot and it had a case and the protector glass on it I did that in October, the flickering started in late November to December and just kept getting worse till eventually I had to push the home button and power button multiple times to get my screen to show up. They sent a replacement device

0 Likes
Chris_H1
Contributor - Level 1

Unfortunately, I believe mine is out of warranty. So I highly doubt they'll send me a new one. Which is unfortunate since my phone has never been damaged, so this is likely a defect I the phone. I'll have to bide my time until the contract is up. I plan on leaving Verizon anyway.

0 Likes