Security Update Needed - Company email access blocked
RickDill
Enthusiast - Level 2

As of 6/24/2020 my company blocked email access from my Samsung S8 becuase the security update level is too old. The current system update is G950USQS7DTB3 as of March 2020. However, the security level I need is the April level (or better) and Verizon has not made that available. When can I expect a security update since my phone is worthless to use for work until an update becomes available.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Security Update Needed - Company email access blocked
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The S8 recently moved to quarterly updates due to its age.

Galaxy S8 Drops From Monthly Security Patches to Quarterly 

0 Likes
rweed
Enthusiast - Level 3

March was the first quarter, June was the 2nd. Where is June's quarterly update? As it's now July, we officially missed our 2nd quarter security update.

RickDill
Enthusiast - Level 2

It looks like anyone who wants to own a cellphone for longer than 2 years is out of luck getting timely security updates. This is unacceptable customer support especially now that I can no longer access my company email due to the out of date security level on my phone.

Can someone from Verizon respond with a date or when the security update for Samsung S8 will re released or at a minimum a date for when that date can be provided?

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

VzW doesn't announce updates before they're released. Once released, it can be found here:

Galaxy S8 Updates 

Supposedly the June update started rolling out a few days ago:

Galaxy S8 June 2020 Update 

rweed
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for that info. I've been googling for weeks, unable to find anything useful about the next update. Til now. At least I know it's coming soon, hopefully,v albeit late.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RickDill, as a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too. I see that several of our community members have responded to your concerns and we'd like to help too. Software updates enhance the performance of any device and we want to ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S8 continues work correctly. You'll find this website very helpful at http://spr.ly/6601GpTGf. We also encourage you to visit our Software Updates Advance Devices website at http://spr.ly/6602GpTGA. we're confident that this info will be helpful to you. RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
Neenaj
Enthusiast - Level 2

This this answer still does not tell us when the security patch will be released is there an ETA I am still having an issue with my work email as well.

It is well into July when are we going to receive the update?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are working on getting this update release as soon as possible, we do not have a specific date for the release, we recommend checking the links we previously sent to review the available updates.

PamD_VZW

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Update has been released:

June security update