Security & Privacy app claims it's not activated
RayKremer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Galaxy S10e that I just got a few weeks ago. The notifications keeps throwing an alert that "You haven't activated your Security & Privacy." Tap that and the S&P app opens, with its own internal notification list, saying "You haven't activated your Security & Privacy. Activate it now to protect your device and its data." Tap on that and nothing happens.

As far as I can tell, the S&P is on. The main screen of the app says "Your device is secure." The Privacy, Web security, and Wi-Fi security sub screens all say "ON".

What does it want from me?

S&P version is 5.0.58

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Security & Privacy app claims it's not activated
Kennyg17

Did you ever find out how to fix this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kennyg17, we want you to get the support that you need. Did you need assistance with the Security and Privacy settings on your phone?

Just in case this helps, here is a useful link for the S10e, please see number 13 here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-223028/

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
RayKremer
Enthusiast - Level 2

What the...? The guy who originally posts the question doesn't get a reply from customer support, but the guy who replies two months later to say "I've having that problem too" does? Alright, well, happy just to finally have somebody paying attenti-

Just in case this helps, here is a useful link for the S10e, please see number 13 here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-223028/

"13. From the 'Verizon Cloud' screen, tap Next.
Note If you choose 'Skip', you can set up Verizon Cloud after setup is complete."

. . .

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RayKremer,

My apologies that you never got the response back from us. It's vital for your Security & Privacy application works as intended. Just to be clear, were you able to resolve the issue using GinaU's link that was provided? If not, please describe in more detail what you see on your end, or provide a screenshot of the issue. We'll be standing by.

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
RayKremer
Enthusiast - Level 2

were you able to resolve the issue using GinaU's link that was provided?

I'm under the impression that you didn't even look at the link GinaU gave.

please describe in more detail what you see on your end, or provide a screenshot of the issue.

I'm under the impression that you haven't at all read my original post at the top of the page.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RayKremer Have you already tried to uninstall and reinstall the app? This would be the first step to help correct this issue. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
RayKremer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi DoloresK,

It's an app that came pre-loaded on the phone. There is no option to uninstall it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RayKremer, thank you for sharing this information. Your time is valuable and we are here to help you move forward with a resolution. Allow us the opportunity to review the details. Can you please restart your device in Safe Mode https://vz.to/2uqe3V6? While your device is in this diagnostic state are you still receiving the pop up "You haven't activated your Security & Privacy”?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes