Security settings not available Galaxy S9
BC20

Getting the constant "app accesed contacts" etc. messages. Have found multiple references to turning that off but they all say you need to go to the "Lock screen and Security" setting. The problem is, I don't have that I only have "Lock Screen" as shown below.

I can find no way to get into "App permission monitor" or whatever may be it's equivalent.

20190825_135012.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Security settings not available Galaxy S9
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is more likely under the Google settings or the Advanced settings. Do you have the setup in basic mode or standard mode? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BC20

I checked Advanced Features and nothing there.  Undet the Google/Security there are only two settings, "Find My Device" and "Google Play Protect."

Not sure what you mean by basic mode or standard mode.

Thanks.

@Ann154 wrote:

It is more likely under the Google settings or the Advanced settings. Do you have the setup in basic mode or standard mode? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I had the wrong name. I meant "Easy Mode" and refer to page 28 of the user manual. 

Also check pages 63 & 64 for information on accessing thessettings for app permissions and notifications. 

https://ss7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/Devices/Samsung/UserGuides/Samsung_Galaxy_s9s9plus/sa...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BC20

Definitely not in "Easy Mode."

And individual app notifications would be fine if I could get to the app that is issuing the "Message+ has been detected using Contacts" etc. notifications. It ays it's "Permissions Usage Monitor" which does not show up under apps. My research online for handling this all leads to opening the "Locations and Security" settings and fixing it under "Security." Howeve my phone only has "Location" and there si now "security" setting anywhere.

This only started happening after the Veriazon update a few weeks ago.

0 Likes