Security updates
Gbktoledo
Contributor - Level 1

My last update was Feb 1, why has there not been any updates?

Re: Security updates
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There was an update on March 23, 2017. Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, the latest Android update was released in March however as far as security updates are concerned it only covers patching flaws/vulnerabilities through February 1st.

0 Likes
kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

Unfortunately, no.

0 Likes
kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

Today, April 27, Verizon pushed out G930VVRU4BQC5 to the S7. The update includes Verizon One Talk and Android security updates. The security patch level now stands at April 1st.

SCATTERLING
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any idea if this update also addresses any of the outstanding issues with Nougat that were pushed live last month (fast charging issues, battery drain, wonky GPS, etc)?

0 Likes
kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

Not that I know of. Nothing is specifically mentioned but I would hope they've worked in some fixes for those having issues on top of the Verizon One Talk, Android security patches, and updating the Amazon app.

Update info: Samsung Galaxy S7 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

SCATTERLING
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can confirm no improvement to rapid charging, at least.

kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

That's good news. Personally, I never experienced any wired or wireless charging issues but I'd love to know why it only seemed to be a problem for some users and not others.

0 Likes
SCATTERLING
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, no, the opposite of good news -- rapid charging has been broken for some of us since the update, and this security fix didn't address that at all.

It might have something to do with when the s7's were bought/built -- one relative and I have a certain set of issues post-update, bought our phones last summer, my wife got her s7 in January and has a completely different set of issues (her wireless connectivity has gone down the tubes). 

0 Likes