Sharing photo in a text via Outlook gets message hung up in Outbox on Galaxy S10
Billby

I received a photo in a text on my Galaxy S10. I wanted to send it to my desktop. I clicked on the photo, chose Share, then chose Outlook which brought up New Message in my Outlook app. I entered my email address in the To slot and hit Send. The message is now hung up in my Outlook app Outbox, as are all subsequent messages that I've tried to send out directly from the Outlook app. There appears to be no way to delete them. The app is also not receiving message that are showing up in my Inbox in my desktop Outlook.

I've tried restarting my phone, turning off wi-fi, turning off mobile data, turing on airlpane mode (and opening and closing the messages, which someone suggested would move them to the Trash folder - didn't work).  I've also checked for software updates.

I'm stuck and would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Bill

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sharing photo in a text via Outlook gets message hung up in Outbox on Galaxy S10
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, we are here to help with any concerns you have with your device. We want to gather a few details to be on the same page. Are you experiencing any issues with the data service?

~Vic

0 Likes
Re: Sharing photo in a text via Outlook gets message hung up in Outbox on Galaxy S10
Billby

Not really, although wi-fi has been a little weak; however, the transmitted jpeg was very small in size and I had no trouble sharing it to another phone via Messages instead of Outlook.

Of note, the logjam finally broke about 10 hours later when 7 of 10 stuck messages went out. And, the remaining 3 were now labeled draft, so I was able to delete them.

However, this isn't the first time I've had trouble sending a photo from a text to my Outlook account via the Share function - although in past times, I hadn't noticed anything stuck in the Outbox; instead, the sharing just didin't happen. I jsut took it to mean that the Share function didn't work well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that info. Let's continue working together here. Before we begin, have you previously contacted our Customer Service/Tech Support Team by phone? We certainly don't want to have you repeating troubleshooting steps that you may have already completed.

Thanks for working with our team. 

-Robert C.

0 Likes