Short code SMS
cstrub
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just switched to Verizon from ATT.  I'm not getting short code SMS messages which is particularly important as I try to re-sign into my Uber and other accounts.  My bank uses 2 FA texts to let me sign into their website as well.  None of this is possible without receiving the short code SMS messages.

I find several older threads on this topic but none with a solution.  Other texts are being received.  It's just short code from any origin that I'm not getting.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Short code SMS
jj4803
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same problem. Contacted customer service and they were awful. They tried to blame the app/website for blocking my number while ignoring the fact that it's any website/app that tries to send a SMS code that gets blocked. 

cstrub
Enthusiast - Level 1

In my case it was an incompletely ported number on new service.  It was a long call with tech support but that fixed it.  If your service is new, I suggest you call them from a different phone, wait through the holds and have them check the porting.  My issue is fixed now.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Welcome on board the VZ family! I am glad to hear that your port in processed through as many new customers who have started, but yet not finished the porting process will show similar symptoms where shortcodes and incoming phone calls will not work. If there is anything else we can partner together on, please feel free to shoot us a Private Note!

Akane_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you are able to use your device as intended, jj4803. I know the importance of being able to receive shot code messages and want to help. When did you first notice this issue? Do you happen to use any of our blocking services or features or any other, granted the issue at hand? Have there been any recent changes to the device or software? Looking forward to hearing back and learning more so we can find a solution. -ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
StuhrAC

I too am not able to receive short code messages which are required for verification.  And, I've tried contacting customer support but it keeps wanting to send me links that do not resolve the issue.  I'd really like to speak with someone in tech support, but that doesn't seem to be permissible.  Is there a way to get this turned on, and if there is a specific phone number where real people work that can provide resolution that would be helpful.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help, but for any direct calls you can dial *611 on your phone or use the contact us here links-  https://www.verizon.com/support/contact-us/- Jose

0 Likes