Short text tones after update.
jertuller

When my GS3 is in lock mode, the text tone that is default is much shorter in length.  I have switched notification tones and it is still a problem.  Is this a glitch in the update because before it worked fine.

0 Likes
Re: Short text tones after update.
andy1799
Enthusiast - Level 2

seems to be a common problem. I have seen many people report this issue, mine is doing the same thing BTW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jertuller,

A lengthy notification ringer is very important! Let's get this resolved. Which notification is having the issue? ex. text, missed calls, email?
When you say shorter, does this mean half the tone or 3/4 the tone? Does the tone still play full length from settings>sounds menu? Sometimes after an update, the device may require a Hard Reset http://bit.ly/LfV00q. A Hard Reset will attempt to repair any software that may have not restored properly during the update.  Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzw
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
andy1799
Enthusiast - Level 2

It does not seem right, that I have to lose EVERYTHING i downloaded, edited, all settings etc, because of a flawed updated

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

It's really not that big of a deal to reset your phone.

0 Likes
bronze93
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK this is going to sound funny but this fixed my problem with this. If you go into messaging, settings, and unchecked delete old messages. It actually did fix it and apparently is a known bug according to other forums.

0 Likes