Sideways Photos
amreindl
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the last update, some photos post sideways on Facebook, and I am not able to rotate them. I tried rotating them on my phone and then posting, but they still post sideways. How can I keep photos from posting sideways?

0 Likes
Re: Sideways Photos
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amreindl-

We want your phone to continue working as it was before without any issues. Does this only happen with Facebook? Do you use the app/website or both when this happens?

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
amreindl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Facebook is my go to for social media, so that is where I have experienced the issue. I use the website, but would it resolve the issue if I use the App? I wasn't aware there was a Facebook App.

Thanks in advance for your assistance with trying to resolve my issue!

Respectfully,

Angie [removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you have to rotate on the phone before posting.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@amreindl We definitely know the importance of having your pictures post correctly. We'll always be here for support. Please keep us updated and let us know if anything changes when you use the Facebook application.

JoelD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
amreindl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried that, and unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amreindl,

Let's clarify a few more details so we can try to figure this out. To be certain, does this only occur with photos that you post? Are these also only photos that you have taken with the phone or something else?

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
amreindl
Enthusiast - Level 2

They are photos I have taken with my phone, and it seems that only photos that I have taken with the phone in a vertical position post sideways. If I turn the phone sideways and take a horizontal shot, the photos post with the horizontal orientation. I have tried rotating the photos on my phone before posting, but they still post sideways.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the clarification, amreindl. I use the Facebook app often and noticed the app will post the picture with whatever way I was taking the picture. Just to confirm, when you upload a picture are you selecting the picture from your gallery first or are you already in the app itself? What happens if you are in the app and take a picture through the app?

DanielleR_VZW