Re: Since Nougat Update, cannot send MMS messages.
psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

Are you on legacy or system for MMS (Textra)

0 Likes
Re: Since Nougat Update, cannot send MMS messages.
Jäcøbsëñ

I have had this problem for about 12 years with Verizon. Originally I had a flip phone, and LG Chocolate slider, Nokia intrigue and a couple of other flip phones. 3 years ago I bought a Galaxy S6. Back in the early days when I was on my original flip phones I was a Verizon customer on contract. Back in those days I could not receive MMS chats with other people. I also could not receive multimedia messages from TMobile or MetroPCS or other carriers. I was strictly only able to contact Verizon at AT&T customers with data messaging. Later on frustrated with this problem I switched to Straight Talk Verizon which cut my bills in half every month. The same problem persisted and I attempted to fix it with straight talk just as I had attempted to fix it with Verizon previously. Nobody ever had an answer, nobody ever knew what to do about it. So I always just gave up. Fast forward a few years I was a Straight Talk customer for a very long time. 3 years ago I bought my Galaxy S6. I paid cash for it and I used it on Verizon for I think a week or two before switching back to Straight Talk. It was the same problem with Verizon and straight talk with the S6. T-Mobile, MetroPCS and who knows what other carriers can't send me data messages or participate and MMS or multi person text chats. It's always been a thing for me, I've never been able to receive picture messages from T-Mobile or MetroPCS. Six months ago I joined the unlimited prepaid plan at Verizon and it's the same problem. Nothing has changed. I think it's wild that some people on here report that they can actually receive picture and multimedia messages from T-Mobile users. I've never been able to do that. We have a cousins chat with about 15 people some of whom have T-Mobile and I've never been able to receive picture messages from them or even text messages from them within the group chat. It's sad and I've done everything everybody else is done to fix it.

I have tried factory resetting my phone 20 times. Resetting the network settings 20 times. I've tried every messaging app I can download. I've tried new Sims, old Sims, manually selecting the network. I've tried everything I could think of. I've had for Verizon repair tickets, none of which did anything. I actually had one telling me that the tower was working correctly near my house which was sad because how much work got put into checking the tower when that's not even close to the problem we're having. That's a pretty sad waste of time. I currently have another ticket out that is apparently being worked on... But like everyone else's said, who knows what we're missing, it's interfering with our lives and we're paying for something we're not getting so where is our refund? This is about 90 bucks a month and I hate paying for something that doesn't work.

Today I visited the Verizon store again and I ran a test. Both my dad and my uncle have TMobile and they were successfully able to send picture messages to a note 5, Galaxy S8 and a Google pixel phone. A key thing to note is that all three of these phones had the APN settings disabled and the MSC and port Fields were both empty and grayed out. That is precisely the way my phone is. The APN settings have been locked and disabled and the fields are greyed out unable to be edited. I have tried Textra which has done absolutely nothing just like the stock messaging app. Let's make this very clear, the stock Samsung messaging application does not work. It has never worked. I have tried absolutely everything. I feel that somewhere along the line maybe there was a damaging Port process or incomplete port but Verizon in my many phone calls as stated that the port was successful. I have seen videos on YouTube of people rooting their Galaxy S6 and manually editing the registry code to add the capacity to the APN settings page to be able to enter the right APN settings. On our phones the APN settings are incomplete, inaccurate and because they are locked or unable to be edited by Verizon or Samsung or the user. I have been going in circles trying to fix this for years. I've never reached a resolution. The only option it seems like is to switch to T-Mobile or to another carrier like AT&T. Verizon has never in the many years I've had this problem ever fixed it. I have been hung up on nine times out of 10 that I have called tech support.

0 Likes