Since Upgrade to Nougat, my GS 7 edge keeps sending message: Can't download MMS check APN settings CHOMP SMS
libboniram

Since upgrading to Nougat, I keep receiving the following message:

Chomp SMS :  Can't download MMS Check your APN settings and then tap to retry???

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Since Upgrade to Nougat, my GS 7 edge keeps sending message: Can't download MMS check APN settings  CHOMP SMS
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you use that application?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Since Upgrade to Nougat, my GS 7 edge keeps sending message: Can't download MMS check APN settings CHOMP SMS
libboniram

Yeager I use Chomp as my message app.

0 Likes
Re: Since Upgrade to Nougat, my GS 7 edge keeps sending message: Can't download MMS check APN settings CHOMP SMS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having all your apps working is key boniram. When new software comes out, sometimes apps aren't always updated to be compatible. Have you checked the Play Store to see if the app needs an update? Are you able to text using a different text message app?

NicoleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SecAgtMan

I'm having the same issue on a Galaxy S6.  It started immediately after the Nougat upgrade.

Not only am I receiving the "Can't download . . " message, I can't send or receive MMS using Chomp.

Interestingly, if I switch to the default messaging app, which I found extremely unstable, I can send and receive MMS.

I have an e-mail in to Chomp to see if they have an answer

0 Likes
SecAgtMan

I seem to have resolved my issue.

In Chomp, Settings, Messaging - MMS, MMS Behaviour:  I changed this setting from Legacy to System.  It seems like System should have been the default, but I'm not sure what I had been set to prior to the Nougat upgrade.

In any event, as soon as I changed it to System, I regained the ability to send and receive MMS.  I haven't seen the "Can't download . . ." message yet, but I only made the switch about and hour ago.

The developer responded to my inquiry about the same time as I found the setting.  He also advised that it should be set to System.

Hope this helps you as well.

0 Likes