Re: Since update, car can't access text messages
rodebykr

Hi.  I'm having the same trouble with my HTC DNA and 2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid.  I've deleted & repaired my phone. My emails still display on the nav screen, and I can reply from the nav screen, and the phone still works, but the texts no longer appear on the screen. Any ideas?

0 Likes
gabbiep

I have a brand new 2014 Toyota Avalon. I owned it for exactly 1 month, just getting used to the new features and loving the text messaging read-back...only to be so disappointed after my Samsung Galaxy S3 updated the Android OS automatically and this feature is no longer working. I am really hating this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi gabbiep!

Sorry for any issues in syncing the messaging feature with your Avalon. It's so nice to be able to use those features and keep up while in your vehicle. Here's a link for the manufacturer of your vehicle to get this feature back: http://toyota.us/Wo9B6L

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gabbiep

I was contacted by Verizon Wireless via email. It sent me to a Toyota link. I was skeptical and the link wasn't the exact thing. However, I poked around their forum and found a suggestion to clean up the messaging on the phone. So...I did just that and my text messaging on the NAV is working perfectly now!!! I'm guessing there is some sort of limit, but the car wasn't really upset about that until the update something was switched to alert it. So, I recommend deleting all those unimportant text messages that are just hanging out there on your phone (probably not a bad idea in general) and trying to receive a text while driving. It worked for me and I hope it works for you!

0 Likes
danryan128

It is now 2019, and Verizon still has not provided viable texting. Deleting previous text messages is not really an option.

Can anyone help?

0 Likes