Single Message Duplicates Typed Text if Emoji Present
rlmcarver2120

A friend indicates my text messages will duplicate the entire typed text/inserted emoji - everything, if there is an emoji in the message.  For instance, if I create and send the message, *Hi, how are you today? [smiley face inserted]* it will show up on their phone as, *Hi, how are you today? [smiley face inserted] Hi, how are you today? [smiley face inserted]*  As well, if I simply create a single message with only emojis, whether one or several (i.e. *smiley face, curious face, sleepy face*), the single text will show up on their phone as, *smiley face, curious face, sleepy face, smiley face, curious face, sleepy face*!  I have a Galaxy S4 mini (I know, it is old), and my friend has an iPhone.  I have tested this with other friends and they do not experience the same issue... just this one friend.  Anybody else having or had a similar issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Single Message Duplicates Typed Text if Emoji Present
deloused
Master - Level 3

Yes, your friend needs a better service provider/messaging app to use if that bugs them when you’re only sending one message 

0 Likes
Re: Single Message Duplicates Typed Text if Emoji Present
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for messaging us here today, rlmcarver2120. I know sending duplicate messages can be an issue. How long has this been happening with your friend. Do you know if your friend is having this happen with other people besides you? Has there been any recent updates that has happened to your phone?

JenniferL_VZW

0 Likes