Smooth update... but...
devedsmith
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mail client still does not send clickable URLs.

0 Likes
Re: Smooth update... but...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Devedsmith,

Got ya. I know how important it is to have a device that is working properly. Let's get this fixed. Which mail client are you using? What happens when you place the URL in the email? Are you using the full URL including http://www.? Keep me posted.

Thanks,
Pamela F.
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
devedsmith
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mostly I use the browser's share function. Therefore all url's are fully qualified.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a good thought, devedsmith! However, the qualification may not translate once it arrives at the destination email. We recommend validating what's actually going into the messages to ensure the full address (including preface http if applicable) so that it is clickable when for the other party.

DionM_VZW.
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Does this happen for more than one recipient? Also, does this happen when sent to someone who is viewing on a computer or on a phone?

0 Likes
devedsmith
Enthusiast - Level 3

This happens with one recipient or several. And it happens on both pc and mobile devices receiving the email.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I don't know for sure, but this may have something to do with Apple's lawsuits regarding smartlinks on phones.  I thought it was just with how the phone displayed it, but maybe Samsung's adjustments to avoid getting their phones banned carried over to links that are sent as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying that, devedsmith.
I'm going to forward your findings to the software development team to see if this is intended as part of the upgrade or if there is a fix for this.

Tamara_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes