So Done with Verizon and its Support
Suescobar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a loyal customer of Verizon for a very long time. Spend Hundred of dollars a month on Fios and Wireless service. 

My frustation with their service has been growing for quite some time. First, when majority of their customer support was outsourced to India (these reps are horrible.) Secondly, when they have literally have no intiative to keep current customers with deals and promotions. Which leads to me posting on this form.

Recently I received a promotion to receive 300 dollars off (august 1st) a Samsung s10 x device when I upgrade from my current phone. I was waiting for my next pay day in order to purchase a new phone with this promotion. To only be informed afterwards that it has expired and I will need to pay full retail price. So I decide to call number provided for Sales. The Sales team (which is American Based) was polite and tried to provide promotions for a phone sale. To only be informed by their systems that they are not allowed to apply the discount to my account. Now this is the part which frastrates me. Each time the sales rep tries to transfer me over to Customer Services either A. The line mysterously gets disconnected Or B. I spend 30 minutes explaining my situation to a rep (who is based out of India) to only be told that they can not do anything about the promotion and swiftly hang up.

This is no way to treat a loyal customer of over 10 years. I am now starting to look at potentially switching carriers and cable providers.

Labels (1)
Re: So Done with Verizon and its Support
NewOldcustomer
Contributor - Level 2

@Suescobar wrote:

I have been a loyal customer of Verizon for a very long time. Spend Hundred of dollars a month on Fios and Wireless service. 

My frustation with their service has been growing for quite some time. First, when majority of their customer support was outsourced to India (these reps are horrible.) Secondly, when they have literally have no intiative to keep current customers with deals and promotions. Which leads to me posting on this form.    And how is this going to be different with any other carrier?   Selecting  a carrier should be based on coverage.  If you’re using Verizon, is it because other carriers don’t provide good coverage?  

Recently I received a promotion to receive 300 dollars off (august 1st) a Samsung s10 x device when I upgrade from my current phone. I was waiting for my next pay day in order to purchase a new phone with this promotion. To only be informed afterwards that it has expired and I will need to pay full retail price.    This happens all the time.  Promotions come and go   Wait for another offer, or buy a less expensive phone.  

So I decide to call number provided for Sales. The Sales team (which is American Based) was polite and tried to provide promotions for a phone sale. To only be informed by their systems that they are not allowed to apply the discount to my account.    But they tried right?    How awful of them.  

Now this is the part which frastrates me. Each time the sales rep tries to transfer me over to Customer Services either A. The line mysterously gets disconnected Or B. I spend 30 minutes explaining my situation to a rep (who is based out of India) to only be told that they can not do anything about the promotion and swiftly hang up.    Well don’t try At&t.  They only offer buy one get one deals, and their reps are all ‘English as a second language’   

This is no way to treat a loyal customer of over 10 years. I am now starting to look at potentially switching carriers and cable providers.

0 Likes
Suescobar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess you have not read my entire complaint? Or choose to reply to bits and pieces.

For your first Response  of  "And how is this going to be different with any other carrier?   Selecting  a carrier should be based on coverage.  If you’re using Verizon, is it because other carriers don’t provide good coverage?  "

Have been a customer since 2004. That is 15 years, at first the only carrier with good (notice I mentioned good) was Verizon. For the past few years T Mobile and AT&T have had better service in my area (I live in the tri state area.) So its a mute point for me to stick with Verizon due to "service from other carriers"

You responded with But they tried right?    How awful of them.  To my initial comment of " I decide to call number provided for Sales. The Sales team (which is American Based) was polite and tried to provide promotions for a phone sale. To only be informed by their systems that they are not allowed to apply the discount to my account."

Noticed How I indicated they where polite enough to TRY! And, of course they are going to try since they want to make a sale.

Now you did not Respond to the second portion in respective to the poor quailty of service I received "ow this is the part which frastrates me. Each time the sales rep tries to transfer me over to Customer Services either A. The line mysterously gets disconnected Or B. I spend 30 minutes explaining my situation to a rep (who is based out of India) to only be told that they can not do anything about the promotion and swiftly hang up. "

You responded with "Well don’t try At&t.  They only offer buy one get one deals, and their reps are all ‘English as a second language’ "  

Well I guess that leaves only T Mobile as a replacement for my Verizon Service. 

And, I really truly hope you do not represent Verizon.

NewOldcustomer
Contributor - Level 2

This is a community forum.  It’s very clear who is an employee and who is not.  

If I don’t comment on part of a post, it’s because I have nothing to add/say on that particular subject.  

Im also not clairvoyant or I might know the other stuff you put in your second post - but not in your first post.  🤨.  

0 Likes
Suescobar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Only items left out was area and how many years of service. One does not need mystifying powers in order to understand the intent of the orginal post. You tried to use a diversion tact (and assuming) I am still with Verizon as a carrier due to coverage. And, you know what they say when you assume (leaving out the me portion at the end.)

NewOldcustomer
Contributor - Level 2

Ah, I’m starting to get why you get disconnected 

0 Likes
Suescobar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bless your heart!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Suescobar, it would be devastating to see you leave the Verizon family. We definitely appreciate your 15 years of loyalty and want to be able to continue providing you the premium service you deserve. I rely heavily on my phone, and having service issues would definitely be an issue for me as well, and having a phone I want for a great price is always one of my top priorities. I apologize that you have had calls drop, or taken to much time to get a resolution that fits your needs. All of our promotions can change at any time, and I definitely recommend jumping on them right away. I have been in the same situation regarding phone promos and know how disappointing it is when you aren't able to take advantage of one.

We do have some great promotions at this time for great loyal customers such as yourself, including up to $200 off the S10 and S10+ with a trade in and unlimited. You can view all of our deals and phones here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/ To get every deal available for a specific phone click the blue words above the phone you want to look at. What plan are you currently on? What is your current device, and is it in good working condition (no physical or liquid damage)?  SantoC_VZW

0 Likes