Software Upgrade Assistant Question
ZomRaiderX
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a general question about the Software upgrade assistant, do I need to be a Verizon customer with an active plan to use this feature to do updates on my phone? Or can I use the program without an active plan/account. Thank you 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Software Upgrade Assistant Question
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@ZomRaiderX wrote:

I have a general question about the Software upgrade assistant, do I need to be a Verizon customer with an active plan to use this feature to do updates on my phone? Or can I use the program without an active plan/account. Thank you 

Does the 'Software upgrade assistant' require a login?  Is it a Verizon account login?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
ZomRaiderX
Enthusiast - Level 1

It doesn't appear to have a password or account. Had to download software direct from Samsung/Verizon and it showed connect device and auto download update, I did not proceed past that message as I'm already running current update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! The answer is no. You don't have to be a Verizon customer to receive a software update to your device.

Software updates are sent to the device from the equipment manufacturer. Software updates help enhance the performance of any device.

Does this help?-Robert C.