Sometimes when I close all apps...
jerkROBOT

My standard home menu switches to the easy home menu. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

0 Likes
Re: Sometimes when I close all apps...
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried going to Settings > My Device > Home Screen Mode, then choosing Standard Mode, then clicking Apply?

0 Likes
jerkROBOT

I certainly have, to no avail.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Stop closing ALL applications.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jerkROBOT

Ignoring the problem doesn't solve it...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When the dialog box comes up asking which Home UI you want to use, select Always after touching the Standard version.

By forcing all applications you are also closing the Home Launcher UI. This causes the phone to not know which UI to use when you go to the home screen. So it is picking the Easy Mode that might also have been set as default at some point.

Android functions differently than Windows or Apple OS. It wants the RAM full with the applications you use most often. That way the phone doesn't have to reload the entire program from scratch when you open it the next time. By "closing all the apps", you are forcing the phone to reload everything and you are wasting your battery unnecessarily.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jerkROBOT,

Let's get to the bottom of this! When did the issue begin? Have you recently downloaded any new applications? What process are you using to close out the applications? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jerkROBOT

The issue has been here since I bought the phone. It would seem that I have fixed the problem, though. Resetting to factory, setting to standard mode, and then restarting the phone seemed to do the trick. Thank you anyway.

0 Likes