Sound quality and effects no longer working
rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

After the latest software patch verizon put out for the galaxy s6. I can no longer access sound quality and effects. Under advanced, in sounds and notifications. I can't  use the equalizer or sound alive anymore when listening to my music. Its like the update deleted it. You can click on it but nothing happens. Please fix or help verizon.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sound quality and effects no longer working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand the importance of keeping this feature working on your device, rush86. This is a known issue with the most recent software update, and there is a planned fix for the next regular software update for this device. Regrettably, we don’t have any information about when this update will be available. We hope this information helps.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

TCRANGI
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is your volume up key working? Mine isn't working since the update along with the issue you mentioned.

0 Likes
rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yea my volume up is working.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Did you clear the cache partition in recovery mode (volume up-power-home) after getting the update? Also is there a way to disable the app? Sometimes when you disable an app it will take it back to the original app. Then you can just enable it after it takes the update out. Sometimes this works but if it is like the My Verizon app this will not work because it tells you there is an update for it and will not work til you get it. Good luck and keep us posted if you get a fix for it.

0 Likes
rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only thing you can disable is sound alive. Which is located in the sound quality and notifications menu. Which i can't even access.  I tried diabling then enabling, still doesnt work. Also, sound effects and notifications isnt an app. Its in the settings of the phone.

TCRANGI
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cleared cache and booted into safe mode.. No change.. Volume rocker up does not change the volume.. Rocker down works fine.. I think the recent update caused the issue

rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only thing left to try is a factory reset. See if that corrects the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@TCRANGI We know how important it is to utilize your volume key. We're here to assist. Can you tell us what happens after you process a factory data reset on your device? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-152189/ Also, @rush86 do you notice a difference after processing a factory data reset as well?

JoelD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rush86,

Making sure that the sound quality is superb is what we want for you. A software update is supposed to enhance your phone, not hinder. Let's figure out a resolution for you. Thank you for the steps that you've tried. I want to step back just a bit so I fully understand the issue at hand. You are talking about the sound quality being an issue. Can you please describe what happens with the sound when listening to music? (For example; is it muffled or is it too soft?) When you are in the Settings >> Sound and Vibration >> Sound quality and effects. In this screen, what options are you able to click on?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

No this issue has nothing to do with sound quality. As stated before, when going into the setting of the phone>> sound and vibrations>> then sound quality and effects, under advanced.  We can't access the option, sound quality and effects, it won't even open. So i no longer have access to sound alive, the equalizer when listening to music, or the option to the high quality upscale anymore. The sound quality and effects option in the settings no longer opens. The latest update broke it.

0 Likes