Sound turning on after a call
thenyyankeefan
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Galaxy S5 turns the sound on (from vibrate or silent) after getting off of a phone call every time. It also (very rarely) turns the sound on randomly when doing nothing on the phone. Is there a feature or setting that does this? I have factory reset the phone and that didn't fix the issue. If there is not a feature/setting, do I need to call Verizon tech support or Samsung tech support? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sound turning on after a call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming thenyyankeefan! Please try making a call in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1hhYjUF and see if the issue persists. This can help determine if what you are describing is caused by a third party app.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thenyyankeefan lets get the device under control! There isn't a setting that includes this feature so lets get to work! Has there been any physical/water damage to the device? What software is the device running?

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
thenyyankeefan
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is no physical or water damage. The Android version is 4.4.2. I am not sure what you mean by software, unless it's the Android version provided in the previous sentence.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming thenyyankeefan! Please try making a call in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1hhYjUF and see if the issue persists. This can help determine if what you are describing is caused by a third party app.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
thenyyankeefan
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is a third party app. I thank you so much a d now I just gotta find which one out of a ton.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Likes