Speaker Phone Trouble
april_tiffany

I have a refurbished S4.  When I have it on speaker phone,  the person on the line I am speaking to can hear every sound my phone is making.  For instance: the unlock screen sound,  keyboard taps,  and notification dings.   Is there a setting I can change to stop this?  Or is a problem with the S4?  Have never had this issue with another phone!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Speaker Phone Trouble
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

Try lowering your volume...if your speaker volume is high, the mic may just be picking up on the sounds you're making.  Another alternative would be to turn off the sound when you press a button.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hmm, that is odd april_tiffany. Let's find out what's going on here. I looked into this, and there aren't any reports on this being a known issue for the S4. You can access Settings>My Device>Sound>Disable all the System sounds. Then, try the calls again.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

This is something I have always noticed on all my phones.  Any sound the phone makes is picked up through the mics be it speakerphone or earpiece.  The only time I have not had this happen is when using a bluetooth headset. For me, this is normal and not a malfunction.

0 Likes
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

Try lowering your volume...if your speaker volume is high, the mic may just be picking up on the sounds you're making.  Another alternative would be to turn off the sound when you press a button.

0 Likes