Speaker no longer works for alarms, media, ringtones
msbatty

I spent New Years away from home and work so I didn't have much use of my phone over the 12/29 to 1/2. Somewhere in that time my battery drained strangely fast and I just left the phone to charge. Since I was not using the phone it was left on silent and I didn't notice any issues.

I noticed 1/2 when my alarm failed to sound in the morning. I checked my media during the day and realized nothing was working through my speaker at all. I can hear calls and I can hear with the headphone jack, but nothing that should be through the speaker.

I had not downloaded any new aps or deleted anything. When I noticed the power drain I did put my phone in Battery Saver mode, on high. But the phone died while I was out with friends.

I have restarted multiple times, started in safe mode, wiped cache, did a soft reset and just now a factory reset. Nothing has made any difference.

Anyone else see this problem? Any suggestions of additional things I can try?
Also: I have cleaned and vacuumed the headphone jack port, it is clean and unobstructed, I have been able to determine the phone is not stuck in headset mode.

0 Likes
Re: Speaker no longer works for alarms, media, ringtones
bearone21
Legend

is sound off, or just set to vibrate??

0 Likes