Re: Static sound in speaker on S7 Edge
AggieLauren
Enthusiast - Level 2

Disneyland, I just went to Best Buy  (where I bought my phone) and they had me go to the Samsung counter. The guy at Samsung, after trying several things, said he believes it is a hardware problem not a software problem. He referred me to a place to repair it  (for free since it's under manufacturer warranty) and said, if they couldn't repair it, they'd give me a new unit.

Dizsneyland
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh ok thank you! I knew it had to be some kinda issue other than a APP! ive tried everything they suggested. Thats why this last suggestion I just SMH! lol you know this is so not cool that the customers have to do all this running around. Do this do that just to get a brand new product fixed!

0 Likes
AggieLauren
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, I agree. You may try stopping by Samsung at Best Buy or wherever so they can refer you to a repair place in your area and it can be fixed. The guy hadn't heard of this issue and my husband has the same phone with no problems so I'm guessing there are just some of them that are messed up.

0 Likes
chevyjeep

It is fixed for headphones by going into settings and turning on high quality sound, UHQ upscaler

However the setting is greyed out if no headphones are plugged in. The S7 edge has a problem

0 Likes
AggieLauren
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do any of yall have ACR (automatic call recorder) app? Found out today that's what's causing it. The current version of the app isn't compatible with the S7. I Uninstalled the app and the static is gone.

0 Likes
chevyjeep

As a matter of fact I DO have ACR. I will uninstall and test, but I'm

betting that is it

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 5:45 PM, AggieLauren <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
PAPS831

Did we ever get a fix to this or do we need to change out phones yet again? I would have much rather stayed with my note 7 I never had any issues but since I was forced to downgrade and now I'm experiencing this I'm am just about done with samsung!

0 Likes
jacobv_vzw
Verizon Employee

PAPS831, the last thing we ever want to hear when we listen to our favorite music is static. Let me help you get rid of the static.Take a look at page 138 and 139 of this handy guide and make sure your device is set up right.  http://bit.ly/22VGZBE Please make sure the sound setting is set to stereo and balanced right. You can find this information on page 181. If the issue persists after you make the necessary settings adjustments, please let us know. We are always eager and ready t assist you.

-JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PAPS831

I've tried all that the only way to get it to sound normal is to plug in a charger found this out yesterday

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
tionnab_vzw
Verizon Employee

PAPS831, thank you for trying those steps provided. We want to get this working properly for you. This is very interesting that the sound quality was normal when you plugged the phone into a charger. Have you placed the phone in Safe Mode? Please take a look at the following link on how to put the phone in Safe Mode http://vz.to/2cwzex2. Test the audio and let us know your results please.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes